THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20181117-220418.jpg

Now that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a 10+ pound leg of lamb a few years ago. Started off by cleaning up the loose skin and fat that didn't look right. Made up a mixture of melted butter, olive oil, fresh rosemary, fresh lemon juice, tons of garlic slivers, salt and pepper. I took a knife and stabbed the leg a few dozen times. into those stabs I put the garlic/rosemary mixture in as far as I could. Cooked over an open charcoal pit with a hand-cranked rotisserie. Brushed with remaining mixture throughout the cook. Can't remember how long it took but the final temp was at 135-145. The aroma brought out neighbor's I hadn't seen before. This is a slicing temperature and not for pulling. The flavor can be a little bit strong for some. But damn it made some great ass sandwiches.

I don’t really have a desired cut I’m looking to cook. Didn’t know you could cook lamb to be pulled. I would love to do some of both cuts so I can try it sliced and pulled. My friend goes to a store that sells Halal Lamb so he can get whatever cut I want.

Those babies do look tasty. Good looking bark. Reminds me of Turkey legs. I think I’m going to do a cook just to try a few different cuts at the same time. Lambfest 2020 here I come !

Back