THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I got the ingredients purchased including several kinds of dried peppers (pliable and fragrant yum!), anaheims for charing on the Performer, a 5 lb chuck roast, mexican oregano, Porter beer etc.

I'm going to follow the advice given here on charing the dried chilis just a bit then rehydrating. I bought 3 types and am going to rehydrate each of them separately so I can understand the flavors I'm dealing with and use them in appropriate qtys.

I am going to cook my chuck in the Egg with no wood to about 180, then I'll cut out the larger chunks of fat and simmer it to pulling temp with the other ingredients, which will have been simmering for a while already.

That will give it a texture that will work well in omelets and atop salad. No cornbread for me, I've still got too much weight to lose.
I'm not going to add any cayenne but it will still be hotter than my Wife will eat so most of it will be portioned out and vac sealed.

Thanks for the input. I'll start the chuck Sat morning and look forward to tasting the finished product in the late afternoon.

Back