THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got around to making me some Kettle Fried Chicken. Mine was done in the large BGE at 400 for approx. 45 minutes. As you can see it turned out awesome! It was crispy and very juicy. :thumb: This is one I'll be doing again.

5518940208_79ca332910_b.jpg

That looks delicious! I gotta try this.
:thumb:

What's great about this method is you get the taste and crispiness of fried chicken without all the greasy mess! I did brush with EVOO about 1/2 way through which helped with some areas where the batter was a bit dry. Thanks to Al for sharing this recipe!

Hum... KFC or a deboned chicken... Maybe I can do both!!
Loooking good guys - thanks for the great ideas.

Finally got around to making me some Kettle Fried Chicken. Mine was done in the large BGE at 400 for approx. 45 minutes. As you can see it turned out awesome! It was crispy and very juicy. :thumb: This is one I'll be doing again.

5518940208_79ca332910_b.jpg

:shocked: I just saw this. That is amazing looking! What did you do for you batter? I can't believe I missed this. Great job! Phu we're in trouble!

Looks great!!! Anything breaded or comes on a stick is wonderful in my vocabulary!!!

ok so I am going to try this and the instructions say to dip in batter then roll in the fry mixture.. so this may be a stupid question but are the batter and fry mixture one and the same with the later being dry? I looked at Gore's post and he has a homemade batter with no roll in dry mix..

I just dont wanna screw it up. I am thinking this is gonna be a great meal at my next camping trip.

Back