THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best fark ups come from my offset with chips in the gas grill cooking days. Have to add chips real often so instead of foil packet use foil folder (like a file folder). Too many chips too much heat, heat lifts top of folder big time overheat, spares done in about 45 minutes on the end closest to the inferno, other end basically raw.

Mother in law, brother in law and wife, her aunt, her kids and mates. Burnt the POOPIE out of some baked potatoes, had to send daughter to store for potato salad instead.

Should have waited, may have another story in the smoker right now.

reminds me of the line in An Officer and a Gentleman, where Nicholson replies on the witness stand, "So you want the truth...you can't handle the truth."

not to be a pain.. but That movie was "A Few Good men" not an officer and a gentlemen.

Got the runs bad! I could bend over and hit a bullseye ten feet away.
Cue'lio, that's hilarious, and impressive. With the balloon knots I have I couldn't hit a bullseye at 10 ft. but I could paint an entire wall at that distance! :shock:

Welll there was that smoke about a month ago when mook came up here.
Note to self, drinking a 1.75 of JD and smoking the wacky tabacy and smoking meat dont all mix.
That brisket flat tasted like POOPIE and the pork was even worse. Live and learn.

Cue'lio said:
My first smoke (a few months ago) included some chicken. I think I ran a little too low to kill ALL of the Salmonella. Got the runs bad! I could bend over and hit a bullseye ten feet away.

I think you and Bill should duel at a Bash. :shock:

once in awhile I use the firebox as a grill when I don't want to use the POS gasser. I chased a salmon filet right over the edge of the rack into the coals. The chunks we could recover from the fire were pretty good. I think I salvaged about 1/3 of that salmon.

The truth huh,
I can’t handle the truth…..

Once upon a time, waaayy back when I got my first smoker (a bullet type) I read directions. Among other things the directions said to soak wood chips in water to get the full impact of the smoke experience. Ok, I did that. I had also heard some where that adding a drop or two of dish washing detergent makes the chips soak up more water, something about breaking up the natural oils in the wood.
Hey! Works for grease on plates, sounds good. :roll:
Can you say steam, not smoke??
The real eye opener was the part about filling the water pan. Excuse me, no where in the instructions did it mention anything about REFILLING the water pan. It just said fill the pan. I also filled the charcoal pan and fired that boy up with fluid.
Well let me tell you, I had a fire to be proud of. When that boy died down to a small roar, hell I was in business. 8)
My first turkey was black with creosote, about the size of a very large Cornish game hen, and had drum sticks like broom sticks.
I think it’s buried in Dave’s backyard. :oops:

Now I’m here and Life Is Good :!: :D :D

My first turkey was black with creosote, about the size of a very large Cornish game hen, and had drum sticks like broom sticks.

LOL, seen something similar myself, except mine was a chusck roast that looked like a filet migion when I got done........oh the memories.....

Solidkick said:

LOL, seen something similar myself, except mine was a chusck roast that looked like a filet migion when I got done........oh the memories.....

downt eu meen chuck roste?

Not really a smoker story.......one morning while cooking Sunday breakfast, the large electric griddle I was using died. So I go out and fire up the gasser( on high ) let her warm up and the transfered 3 pounds of big sausage patties to it. The raging fire was shooting 5 feet above the lid of the gasser, took a broom handle and shut the lid, the inferno shot out of the back of the gasser and melted my vinyl siding.......put out the fire, hid the damage with a sheet of plywood and told the family we were all gonna go to shoneys. This story goes on and ultimatley ends in divorce!

My worst 2 so far (notice I said "so far"... there's always room to outdo a previous flop!):

Last Tday... Indirect grilling a great looking turkey on my Chargriller... didn't notice the wind pick up... temps were over 200, and it was dry. Fortunately, my mom is a whiz with gravy, and it was at least ok.

A week ago Sunday... I've done my share of ribs by now, so I wanted to try some Texas Pepper jelly on some. I had 3 racks going with rib ends, and went inside to wait the 3 hours until I foiled for an hour. Some of you reading know I'm going through some stuff with my dog; he was up and active, so I spent some time with him, then went out to check on things... The smoker was running about about 350... which would be ok, but the ribs were already past help. Funny thing is, a friend came over, tried some just prior to me throwing them out, and liked them. I told him to come back when I made decent ribs. It's more embarrassing to do that to perfectly good ribs when you SHOULD know better than when you're starting out!

Ummmmmmmmm overcooked my briskets at the Grand Rapids Contest.

Overcooked my briskets at my wedding reception.

Filling 1/2 full Budweiser cans in my kitchen with a homemade rub for beerbutt chickens. Got the first tablespoon into first can. Grabbed second can to fill. Had a reaction better than them Mentos and pop. Slammed the second can into sink and more huge foaming action. Its a real bitch to scrub beer/rub off the kitchen ceiling.

One time threading them little hot chili peppers onto fishline for drying. Hadda pee. OMG. My little peeter burnt for hours....Next time I do it I wear rubber gloves.

Im sure more farkups are in store for me.

jpw23 said:
told the family we were all gonna go to shoneys. This story goes on and ultimatley ends in divorce!

I'd divorce you too.
Shoneys..........................

Back