THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How/where did you purchase your pellet cooker?

• At a retail store

Votes: 15 32.6%

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • At the company's manufacturing facility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

ttkt57

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Bill Bryant
How did you purchase your pellet cooker? At a retail store? Online? Drove down to the welding shop and bought it right there?

Last edited:
Yoder YS640s purchased from atbbq.com.

The entire process was really easy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online, never found one in a brick and mortar that impressed me...

Yoder in a local shop.

After paying I drove over to their warehouse and they fork lifted the crate into the bed of my F150 and I drove home. Assembled as much as possible in the back of the truck and then bribed neighbors to help me wrangle it the rest if the way onto the ground.

I don't make purchases like that without putting my hands on the product / tool.

And my in-laws ran a small shop (music related) for 40+ years, so I try to buy local any chance I get.

Too many people walk into mom-n-pop shops, put them through the wringer for a sale, and then walk out and buy stuff online at a perceived discount. (Anyone who does this, is an ass hole...)

He would have people play his demo guitars and then go buy online...the guitars would arrive without being set up or tuned correctly...so they'd show up at his shop with those guitars needing to be fixed / tuned and he'd politely tell them he remembered them and that if they'd purchased through the shop they'd have gotten a professionally prepared and tuned instrument at no extra cost...then he'd either charge them for the set up / repair or send them on their way...

Last edited:
Bought used. Less than 2 years old and loaded at a crazy good price. Motorcycle trailer and hauled it home.

71DqnEHh.jpg

Got my Traeger from a friend. He won it at a contest and had it sitting around over a year; never even put any pellets in it. He made me a deal.:grin:

Bought my first MAK in 2016... a used first generation 1 Star from a buddy. Had a backyard full of cookers at the time... a few being quite nice. Ended up falling in love with that 1 Star which I did not expect to happen. Ended up selling my entire cooking arsenal in 2017 when we moved to a new home and with a pocket full of cash replaced them all with a new MAK 2 Star ordered directly from MAK’s website. Best decision ever :)

Craigslist. Drove up to the Minneapolis area. Had two cooks on it, 40% of retail.

Walmart B&M clearance. Couldn't say no to $100 Pit Boss Copperhead 5.
I bought 2 copperheads from Walmart for that same price. Then I bought a Smoke Daddy online. My last one was a Mak 1*. Sold all the other pellet grills. Funny thing is the guy that bought my Smoke Daddy ended up getting a Mak.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rectec doesn't do distributors. They can only be purchased on their site. (as mentioned below, you can get them through amazon but it's still directly from rectec)

The only things in my sig that weren't purchased online are the Primo and PBC.

Last edited:
Back