THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How/where did you purchase your pellet cooker?

• At a retail store

Votes: 15 32.6%

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • At the company's manufacturing facility

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
Bought the Rectec online through Amazon. I don’t remember if there was a reason for doing it there vs from Rectec directly though it was early on when they only had the one model and probably didn’t have the most sophisticated website.

The RT was a birthday gift from my wife. She called RT to order it.
I bought the Weber through Amazon, sold by Weber.

Hi All I purchased my Rec Teq 590 with our seeing it. I looked at what Home Depot & Lowe's had in their stories, was NOT impressed.
I purchase the 590 mainly off great customer service & user reviews.
The 590 is working fine except I could use smoke flavor.I would have NO trouble recommending it.
DanB

Wife got me it right from Rec Tec...680 the everything but the kitchen sink deal. Was a great birthday

I found a Walmart clearance deal on Brickseek. Austin XL so cheap that I didn’t even have to ask for permission. 25 degree temp swings I can live with. Hot spot in the middle gets covered with a water pan. Wonky unreliable temp gauges get backed up with Inkbird remote. It cooks and smokes. Doesn’t catch fire or shut off mid cook. Flame thrower broiler and porcelain CI grates steps in for the kettle and puts a sear on steaks and chops when called on. Overall happy to have it.

What’s a pellet cooker? Why would anyone want to cook pellets?

You've got to be kidding. Don't tell me you've never cooked these before. With a mayo slather, the right rub and a low and slow cook they are simply amazing. Add a side of carrots and you've got yourself a real meal. Now hop to it and get some.

Attachments

• 81NgdCDE+YL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    81NgdCDE+YL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 23
Back