Pellet Cooker Must Have- Shop Vac

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well was cleaning the fireplace and hose broke, motor smelled hot, cord is fraid. So literally cut the cord, vacuumed the living room with regular vac and to the dumpster the shop vac went..

You can clean a pellet cooker withouta shop vac but it makes it so simple I don't want to be without one.

We seek charcoal deals, meat deals, cooker deals. I'm seeking the best shop vac for least amount of money. This one lasted guessing 20 years. One like that. 1.5 hp. Anyone seeing any deals? Ones to stay away from?

Real BBQ requires a shovel. Pellet Cooking requires a shop vac

My Son borrowed my 15 yr old Rigid 5 Hp 12 gallon yesterday to vacuum out his boat and it died on him. Puff of smoke out the Top I told him Not to worry about it cuz it was Old. He said I didn’t get the boat finished so I’m going to Home Depot. A little bit later he dropped off a New 5 HP 12 gallon Rigid. He bought 2 - small savings of $20 On Sale BUT since he bought 2 - he saved $40…… :loco:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-...Locking-Hose-and-Accessories-HD1200/304006023

Last edited:
I have the old version of what smitty just linked above, highly recommend. I was in HD yesterday and they were running a Memorial Day sale cant recall the pricing but if the link is correct not sure you can beat $80 on a shop vac. definitely an underrated tool.

I just bought a Craftsman 2hp a couple months ago that was less than 50 bucks. Time will tell how it lasts but so far i'm happy with it.

I don't have a pellet cooker but the vacuum helps a ton getting all the ash out of the tight spots and air intakes of a PK360.

I just bought a Craftsman 2hp a couple months ago that was less than 50 bucks. Time will tell how it lasts but so far i'm happy with it.

I don't have a pellet cooker but the vacuum helps a ton getting all the ash out of the tight spots and air intakes of a PK360.

I looked online at those thinking Lowe's? If same one they were on sale but not in stock. ship to store June 6-9. May not be same but would make a gentleman's bet it was.

Just cleaned out my pellet pooper this morning. I use filter bags in my shop vac for this; makes clean up so much easier. I also have two sets of vacuum tools; one clearly labeled GRILLS ONLY. Don't ask how my wife got grease stains on her car seats....

I've had mine since early 2000! Best thing ever to clean out my Big Green Eggs, Shirley fire box, GMG Ledge and Gateway drum! :mrgreen:

I’ve burned up several through the years, but never a RIDGID. There’s nothing scientific about my experiences, but I’ve become pretty loyal.

Y’all have me thankful for removable fire pots. Ain’t no one got time for vaccuming… lol. Have had the same Rigid Adams just bought for many years now. Probably gets used 1-2x/yr. At that rate, I figure it’ll outlast me… ;-)

The perfect combo is a RIDGID vacuum and a pellet cooker with an ash clean out door. Elsewhere on this forum someone said I need to get myself a better pellet cooker. I think I’ll stick with the one I have.

Last edited:
Had a RIDGID 9 gallon many years. Got tired of my son borrowing it so bought him his own :mrgreen:

Y’all have me thankful for removable fire pots. Ain’t no one got time for vaccuming… lol. Have had the same Rigid Adams just bought for many years now. Probably gets used 1-2x/yr. At that rate, I figure it’ll outlast me… ;-)

You still need to vacuum out the bottom of the cook chamber but maybe not as often.

I’ve just been using a small hand brush and dust pan on my Rectec Rt1250. The pot stays fully charged from the last cook and ready to go.

I picked up an actual ash vac a few years ago (in addition to a couple shop vacs). It was about $60 if I remember correctly at a discount store but has a couple advantages over my other shop vacs. The first is that the filter seems to catch the finer ash better than the small cheap one I have. Outdoors that’s not a huge issue as spraying some ash around isn’t really a major problem, but still, it’s better. The other advantage is that it’s designed to be safer if any of the ash is actually still hot. Most times that’s not a risk but I have had times when the pellet grill didn’t light correctly and I was sucking out some pellets that were charred and likely still at least warm. Similar with the fire pit that can sometimes have hot coals buried in there for a surprising length of time

Do a search for "Bucket Vacuum". I've got one that uses a 5 gallon bucket to hold the ashes. It's lighter than a shop vac, but pulls just as well.

Back