THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonight, it's 3 racks of baby backs on the PBC with Aaron Franklin's Rib Rub (best measurements I could deduce from his youtube vid) with oven roasted asparagus brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with Parmigiano-Reggiano, crispy garlic/butter potatoes and a home made pie of some sort (that part is up to my wife who took the Purple ribbon in the SD State Fair with her apple/apricot pie as a freshman in HS. Her cooking creds go waaaaay back! :hail:

Going to make a Georgia Mustard BBQ sauce for the ribs since my eldest son is allergic to tomatoes. (Go figure!).

Recipes:
Franklin's Rib Rub (best guess)

1/2 cup pepper
1/4 cup sea salt
2 Tblsp Chili Powder
1 Tblsp Paprika
1 Tblsp Onion Powder (coarse grained)
1 Tblsp Garlic Powder (coarse grained)

Georgia Mustard Sauce

• 1/2 cup prepared mustard
• 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
• 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoons butter
• 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
• 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
Combine and simmer for 15 min.

Will try to get pics tonight....

Doing a fatty and a chuck tomorrow morning to hold me over until the Red Dirt BBQ and Music Festival in Tyler, TX tomorrow afternoon/evening (grub starts at 3:00).

I'm cleaning out the freezer on Saturday so there's going to be a whole load of something smoking on Sunday, beef ribs, chicken and lamb for starters and then anything else I can find!

Also lots of nice leftovers for Bank Holiday Monday :)

Haven't thought about it yet! :shocked:

DePhinitely a chix as always and other stuPh TBD.

Have Phun at the Bash Phu and crew!

I'm smoking my first butt on Sunday (boneless 4.5lb.) and tomorrow I'm doing a roast beef, shrimp, sweet potatoes and assorted veggies. This is on my Performer.

Any quick tips for the butt? I have a pretty good handle on what I need to do but could always use some pointers.

I have friends coming from out of town for the weekend so I'm going to try to impress with some brisket and ribs. Sides I'm not sure what I am going to do, I have to check to see what the produce looks like at the store.

I saw pics of a beautiful Tuscan porterhouse on another site, so I'm trying a Tuscan filet mignon tonight ... and working on my reverse searing technique. Tomorrow, I start experimenting with beef short ribs.

Doing a fatty and a chuck tomorrow morning to hold me over until the Red Dirt BBQ and Music Festival in Tyler, TX tomorrow afternoon/evening (grub starts at 3:00).

I want to go! :becky:

Have chicken planned for tonight. Pork necks and rice tomorrow...not sure what else. The cows are calving and I have company so things could change.

Phu, hope you take pics for us, looks like a lot of phun! Have a great weekend Phu and all!

Have family coming over Sat pm for a movie night(day/night) -- so I'll be up with the sun with an 8lb pork butt for PP, and hoping to pick up a brisket to cook along side 'er, but will depend on what the store has and at what prices.

Happy Weekend all...

I want to go! :becky:

Have chicken planned for tonight. Pork necks and rice tomorrow...not sure what else. The cows are calving and I have company so things could change.

Phu, hope you take pics for us, looks like a lot of phun! Have a great weekend Phu and all!

You've got an open invite if you get to N TX Jeanie. :becky: Heck, I'm sure we can throw an impromptu bash any time you make it down here.

You've got an open invite if you get to N TX Jeanie. :becky: Heck, I'm sure we can throw an impromptu bash any time you make it down here.

Thank you Sliding Billy!! That sounds great!!
If you get the chance, could you take a pic or two of the Festival... I'd love to see it! Bet it will be fun... :becky:

Back