THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
I asked the Brethren for ideas for a low carb breading for some Crappie fillets. One of the guys "Dodis" said to use Pork Rinds. I was GREAT! I also used the Red Hot Pork Rinds. It didn't add any heat to the taste but it gave the breading a nice color. I didn't notice any pork rind taste.

Crappie fillets, dip in egg, roll in crushed Pork Rinds, pan fry in olive oil, salt & pepper, drain on paper towels.

You're going to love it.

1bag of pork rinds made enough breading for 3 pans of fillets.

I've been using this little trick to make a low-carb chicken parmigiana which can be served with spaghetti squash "pasta".

Even my kids will eat it! Who'da thunk??? :mrgreen:

been using the pork rinds for a while now. if you can find the chili lime flavored that is my favorite for fish.

\

Funny thing is, it isn't as different from bread crumbs as you might expect. It's more like a significant variation.

As far as breading goes, I've try alot of variations.
One of the better ones I like is kettle cooked salt and pepper potato chips,
ground med fine and I add a little extra pepper.

As far as breading goes, I've try alot of variations.
One of the better ones I like is kettle cooked salt and pepper potato chips,
ground med fine and I add a little extra pepper.

Ha! Yes, I'm betting that doesn't suck. One of the best potato dishes I ever had, made by my mother, was a casserole made with frozen hash browns, sour cream, some form of onion--and crushed corn flakes on top. It was exquisite.

Love using crushed pork rinds for breading. We make a crust for roasted chicken breasts with pork rinds and grated Parmesan cheese. I have not found anything that the pork rind breading does not work on.

Back