THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the post! I downloaded and made it tonight for dinner. My rice never did the popping thing, though? Not sure how important that is, but it did taste great.

Thanks for the post! I downloaded and made it tonight for dinner. My rice never did the popping thing, though? Not sure how important that is, but it did taste great.

Not super important at all, it's more of an aesthetics thing. Some of my batches do it, others don't. I think it helps to have the broth at a hard boil and then bringing it back to a hard boil after adding the rice and then letting that roll for a minute or 2. Glad it turned out well for you!!

I don't have the apparatus for making Jambalaya at my house. But I do have a Paella pan, so I adjusted the recipe a bit and have made Jambalaya in it. Same liquid to rice, as I used in my Paella recipe. Still used Bomba rice instead of long grain. No saffron.
Instead of sofrito, I used the cajun trinity (onion, bell pepper, celery + garlic). For meat, cubed pork, chicken thighs and andouille. Chicken stock. It was really good. Been a while since I have done this but was always good. Some of you out there with Paella pans should give it a try for something different. My recommendation would be to make homemade stock and really work on deepening the flavors.

Back