THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My current collection:

zHfzsHql.jpg

wvlLcabl.jpg

pfjTFXtl.jpg

OXI2h6Bl.jpg

Bought Sriracha years ago when it was first hyped as a great sauce. Was good for a while but got tired of the flavor...too sweet for me.

This beats the hell out of Sriracha IMO

s-l500.jpg

Yep, that's the stuff I use as well. I used to buy the Sambal Olek, just chili sauce/paste, before I discovered the Garlic Chili sauce. :thumb:

I don’t use the Asian chili oil, but I do use Italian chili oil. This oil is used to make spicy italian dishes like Shrimp Fra Diabolo. Sprinkling pepper flakes over a regular pasta dish and calling it Fra Diabolo should be illegal.

I buy it, but you can make your own by putting dried peppers in a glass bottle of olive oil and sitting it in the sun for a few weeks to a month.

Last edited:
I've notice an absence of asian hot sauces in this thread (no, the garlic rooster crap is from California)

The garlic rooster crap from California was created by David Tran. He is a Vietnamese man that was replicating a hot sauce he loved from Thailand. He was in China when the Vietnamese got kicked out. He came to California on a boat called the Huy Fong. It's not crap just because it's made in Communist California.

But I agree, since I went keto it is too sweet and I generally use the chili garlic sauce for my Asian dishes.

Louisiana, Valentina, Sriracha, Chili Garlic Sauce, Trappey's Peppers are always on hand. Grew up with Louisiana brand. I like Tabasco and have tried many of the others. Tapatio is good. Yucatero makes some nice ones too.
Crystal is the one they would have at the billiard hall my dad, uncle, and grandfather would go to back in the day. I remember going with them. They would have cold pitchers of beer, pork rinds, Crystal, talk crap, complain about their Old Lady, and shoot pool. LOL!

Bob

My current collection:

zHfzsHql.jpg

wvlLcabl.jpg

pfjTFXtl.jpg

OXI2h6Bl.jpg

I bought one of the seasons of the Hot Ones sauces and did the challenge with the kids using some nuggets. One ended up throwing up half way through and the other two made it to the end with me.

Have one of those paqui chip things sitting on the counter to try.

I bought one of the seasons of the Hot Ones sauces and did the challenge with the kids using some nuggets. One ended up throwing up half way through and the other two made it to the end with me.

Have one of those paqui chip things sitting on the counter to try.
The two Last Dabs and the Pucker Butt are use with caution sauces!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk