THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I shop at Wally World for pretty good meat that I can't find at any other stores in the area. :noidea:

We have the old school Walmart. Some groceries, but no meat section that I’m aware of.
Would probably still avoid it even then.

At one time, I kept a large selection of hot sauce on hand but now I only use Valentino and Sriracha.

I have more in the cupboard but these are currently in rotation. :-D I love hot sauce btw. :mrgreen:

P5uIKezh.jpg

These are my everyday use sauces depending on the dish

3tRE74vh.jpg

Really like this one in particular. Heat to taste ratio is just about perfect for my taste buds and you do get a hint of the whiskey.

mFo3uWrh.jpg

Added Frank's,Texas Pete and Valentina to cache this morning

Last edited:
I used to buy Frank's exclusively until they were out one day and I tried Crystal. Nothing wrong with Frank's at all but I haven't looked back. I've tried similar brands like Louisiana, Red Rooster, Trappey's but Crystal is so much better. The vinegar ratio is perfect imho.

I have more in the cupboard but these are currently in rotation. :-D I love hot sauce btw. :mrgreen:

These are my everyday use sauces depending on the dish

Really like this one in particular. Heat to taste ratio is just about perfect for my taste buds and you do get a hint of the whiskey.

That first pic reminds me of how Firehouse Subs used to have the sauce collection on their counter.

The last one reminds me of my favorite, that was a Wild Turkey 101 Habanero Hot sauce.

That first pic reminds me of how Firehouse Subs used to have the sauce collection on their counter.

The last one reminds me of my favorite, that was a Wild Turkey 101 Habanero Hot sauce.

We have Cafe Rio out here (well they started in UT initially when I lived there for a bit) and they have the sauce collection counter too. I got turned onto the Iguana brand hot sauces from Costa Rica and went there mainly for the hot sauces. :laugh:

We have Cafe Rio out here (well they started in UT initially when I lived there for a bit) and they have the sauce collection counter too. I got turned onto the Iguana brand hot sauces from Costa Rica and went there mainly for the hot sauces. :laugh:

Iguana good sauce

I've notice an absence of asian hot sauces in this thread (no, the garlic rooster crap is from California)

Since becoming half Asian in 2017, a entire new world of flavors are opened up to me (they were always there, I just never ventured outside my comfort zone).

So a question, its probably NOT a hot sauce question, so not applicable to this thread....

Have any of you hot sauce folks tried chili oil?

For us here in (depending on the region, but something like Szechuan or Xian cuisine) we have little containers of chili oil on the tables, there is sediment, so there is a little spoon to mix it up.

For everything you use hot sauce on, I add chili oil.

Burgers, fries, pizza, eggs especially, etc.

Here is my go to store bought brand:

889417000045_600x.jpg

Szechuan Shredded Beef is one of our favorite take outs. Ii has a number ranking for heat level when you order. I have oyster sauce, fish sauce and garlic Chile paste, but no oil. The Shredded Beef is like smaller version of asada steak with a dark brown spicy garlic sauce. Not swimming in it but coated

I like the chili oil. And even the chili crisp oils. But...I don't often want the added oil. I do like cooking with them, though.

Cutinos is another brand that's really good. I've been through most of their flavors and really like how they are flavor first, heat second.

I've notice an absence of asian hot sauces in this thread (no, the garlic rooster crap is from California)

Since becoming half Asian in 2017, a entire new world of flavors are opened up to me (they were always there, I just never ventured outside my comfort zone).

So a question, its probably NOT a hot sauce question, so not applicable to this thread....

Have any of you hot sauce folks tried chili oil?

For us here in (depending on the region, but something like Szechuan or Xian cuisine) we have little containers of chili oil on the tables, there is sediment, so there is a little spoon to mix it up.

For everything you use hot sauce on, I add chili oil.

Burgers, fries, pizza, eggs especially, etc.

Here is my go to store bought brand:

889417000045_600x.jpg

There is a jar of chili sauce on the table at the thai restaurant we go to that specializes in pho. I swear half a spoon of that oil...with none of the chili flakes... is enough to make me sweat