THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love me some Country Bob's!.........Occasionally I will eat with steak, but I use it mostly for burgers. Definitely better than A1 to me.

Years ago my daughter dated a goon that carried a bottle of it with him everywhere he went.Whatever restaurant he went in he carried that bottle with him.Evidently he REALLY liked it.

I think A1 changed something recently. There is an off flavor that i have noticed in two bottles i have bought separately. I would never add any steak sauce to chili, but i think i do need to look for another brand steak sauce when i get that craving for a cheap overcooked steak.

I think A1 changed something recently. There is an off flavor that i have noticed in two bottles i have bought separately. I would never add any steak sauce to chili, but i think i do need to look for another brand steak sauce when i get that craving for a cheap overcooked steak.

I agree.....they've changed something recently. I never use A1 on steak any more, but I will say that every once in a blue moon I will marinate a couple in it overnight in the fridge. Those actually turn out decent. Don't know why I tried it years ago but I did, lol.

I agree.....they've changed something recently. I never use A1 on steak any more, but I will say that every once in a blue moon I will marinate a couple in it overnight in the fridge. Those actually turn out decent. Don't know why I tried it years ago but I did, lol.

I haven't used it in a marinade in almost two decades ( i been using a montreal steak seasoning marinade as my go to ) But the A-1 marinade was pretty good too. I think it was equal parts A-1 and Italian dressing.

Three sauces i haven't tried. It was all i could find at 3 grocery stores. I will admit, being from PA, and a Heinz Ketchup snob, I ashamed i never tried 57. Im kinda hoping i don't like it, lol.

20230909-002022.jpg

I use country bobs and better than beef base to spruce up reserved brisket juices to make a nice dredge for brisket slices…

Just over cooked a Ribeye to sacrifice for my steak sauce test. Just opened the Giant Brand steak sauce, and OMG is it 10x better then the garbage A-1 is now. It has this subtle sweet flavor that is amazing. I could literally drink it straight out of the bottle.

Just over cooked a Ribeye to sacrifice for my steak sauce test. Just opened the Giant Brand steak sauce, and OMG is it 10x better then the garbage A-1 is now. It has this subtle sweet flavor that is amazing. I could literally drink it straight out of the bottle.

And where did you get that? Got a pic of the bottle? Google is failing me.

And where did you get that? Got a pic of the bottle? Google is failing me.
Its in the pic above, in the middle. Giant is a east coast grocery chain. But i wonder if you can use their online ordering service.

Back