Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William

Attachments

• IMG_20230905_185454440.jpg
    IMG_20230905_185454440.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 221
Love me some Country Bob's!.........Occasionally I will eat with steak, but I use it mostly for burgers. Definitely better than A1 to me.

Years ago my daughter dated a goon that carried a bottle of it with him everywhere he went.Whatever restaurant he went in he carried that bottle with him.Evidently he REALLY liked it.

I think A1 changed something recently. There is an off flavor that i have noticed in two bottles i have bought separately. I would never add any steak sauce to chili, but i think i do need to look for another brand steak sauce when i get that craving for a cheap overcooked steak.

I think A1 changed something recently. There is an off flavor that i have noticed in two bottles i have bought separately. I would never add any steak sauce to chili, but i think i do need to look for another brand steak sauce when i get that craving for a cheap overcooked steak.

I agree.....they've changed something recently. I never use A1 on steak any more, but I will say that every once in a blue moon I will marinate a couple in it overnight in the fridge. Those actually turn out decent. Don't know why I tried it years ago but I did, lol.

I agree.....they've changed something recently. I never use A1 on steak any more, but I will say that every once in a blue moon I will marinate a couple in it overnight in the fridge. Those actually turn out decent. Don't know why I tried it years ago but I did, lol.

I haven't used it in a marinade in almost two decades ( i been using a montreal steak seasoning marinade as my go to ) But the A-1 marinade was pretty good too. I think it was equal parts A-1 and Italian dressing.

Three sauces i haven't tried. It was all i could find at 3 grocery stores. I will admit, being from PA, and a Heinz Ketchup snob, I ashamed i never tried 57. Im kinda hoping i don't like it, lol.

20230909-002022.jpg

I use country bobs and better than beef base to spruce up reserved brisket juices to make a nice dredge for brisket slices…

Just over cooked a Ribeye to sacrifice for my steak sauce test. Just opened the Giant Brand steak sauce, and OMG is it 10x better then the garbage A-1 is now. It has this subtle sweet flavor that is amazing. I could literally drink it straight out of the bottle.

Just over cooked a Ribeye to sacrifice for my steak sauce test. Just opened the Giant Brand steak sauce, and OMG is it 10x better then the garbage A-1 is now. It has this subtle sweet flavor that is amazing. I could literally drink it straight out of the bottle.

And where did you get that? Got a pic of the bottle? Google is failing me.

And where did you get that? Got a pic of the bottle? Google is failing me.
Its in the pic above, in the middle. Giant is a east coast grocery chain. But i wonder if you can use their online ordering service.

Back