THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've only cooked in two comps. Won Grand Champion in one but there was only 14 or 15 teams. The second one there were 40 team I beleive and we fininshed 23rd I think. To be honest I didn't enjoy staying up all night tending the fire and all the things that go along with it. So I decided to just judge. So theres your answer to that question.
But were not talking about flover profiles here and winning. Were talking about tasting a Charcoal flavor on the meat. I merely stated I have never been able to taste charcoal on the meat or tell what a cook is using to cook with. I've tasted bad BBQ but I can't say it came from what they were cooking with.
Maybe were just misunderstanding each other here. Anyway I'm done with it.

Alas we are getting somewhere. The whole I'm gonna throw my master judge card out there chaps my arse something wicked. To me it's just one of those California air/holier than thou statements. See down here in Tx, dang near everyone is born with the equivalent of a kcbs master judge certification because well we do lots of bbqin. In a scenario where someone claims excellence, they should have a well rounded background of judging and actually cooking and winning. Sorry in my book, just eatin don't get you know where close to understanding what it takes to create it.
Yall still at it? :loco:

Like Andy dufraine on the shawshank redemption, 1 rock at a time with my little hammer, we will get to where we Need to be at eventually

michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn-animated.gif

Really dude?:wacko:
If he talks loud enough makes you want to listen, right? But he's from TEXAS, and drives fast!!

Best to quit feeding the trolls and take advantage of the "ignore" feature before the "S*it" gets too deep in here ... Some people are just one-uppers by nature.

:blah::blah::blah:

That could be the case with some but it's not here. Some just want get down to the legitimacy of someone's claim and will go through what ever flack, thrown sticks and stones to get there. Guess its just the lawyer in me.

Say it aint so your a laywer, besides a BBQ master, race car driver. Just dont say your a Sicilian.-------- Never fall victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when BBQ is on the line. Sorry about the paraphrase I apologize.

My wife thinks that last bit was a little insulting if so I apologize No insult intended just me being a smart ass, at that I bid this thread adieu

Say it aint so your a laywer, besides a BBQ master, race car driver. Just dont say your a Sicilian.-------- Never fall victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when BBQ is on the line. Sorry about the paraphrase I apologize.

Correct, I have been studying law for about 12 years Since i have been representing myself in court. I have incurred some charges along the way, not proud of em by no means, but they are life lessons. I'm not licensed by the board which IMO is just a conflict of interest since the board performs a functiIon of govt. my sister is a board certified attorney and guides me to alot research if necessary along with DVDs from her last classes from UH law school. I do participate in very dangerous, high adrenaline activities including drag racing. I never claimed to be any self proclaimed BBQ Expert, I just present the facts and let the rest of the clowns show their ass when they don't what to say so they just make fun of what they don't know or understand.

We take pretty good care of our cookers, although transporting to comps can take a toll. Thats why my gasser (1998 Weber Genesis) still works on the original ignitor, although, I mostly use it for BGE accessory storage these days:roll: It has gone through 3 sets of flavorizer bars, and a full shelf replacement though....I think I'll have to finally retire it soon, the frame is getting pretty rusty
probably helps you got an older wsm too..I had two of them where the latch broke after a couple uses..just put the door in upside down after that :)

Back