THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steaks look amazingly delicious, as far as the restoration I'm guessing you must be a plastic surgeon, nicely done and better than new.

Thanks Bill! I wish. :rolleyes: I would think I would've been good at it.

Sako, I knew the Oval was going to a great home, and you did a STELLAR restoration! That cart looks awesome and I like the cool mid-century modern look to it.

I purchased my Oval in 2003, and it's still going strong. I use this cooker more than any of my others and it's the ultimate reverse searing machine. I would take this over a Weber kettle ANY day of the week, and if someone offered me $5,000 cash for my Oval, I still would not sell it!

Here's a pic I took of mine after a good spring cleaning some years back:

IMG_0272-1.jpg

Thanks buddy! :thumb: Every since I saw yours I was in love. You're not kidding about it being a searing machine.:shocked: Apparently I had too much fuel. With the coals banked to one side, the enamel was a glowing red which caused the clear coat around it to discolor. I can fix it since there is paint and clear leftover but I kind of like the first beauty mark. :becky:

Great job on bringing a classic back into action. I really like the oval or capsule shaped grills over the round grills. What kind of wood did you use? I like the burnished finish. :clap2:

Thank you! Not sure exactly what kind of wood but the shelves are leftover Marathon box truck planks used to manufacture the boxes. I had it stained and coated with clear.

Nice work Sako, the oval thermo is a nice touch too.

Thanks Kev! It's not the best but it was the only oval I can find to go with the grill. Not the best but it's decent and seems pretty accurate.

You rocked it neighbor.

Love the retro oval. never seen one before but it sure is cool!

So cool. I want one. I saw one once. It was in a backyard of a house i was roofing. There was a lot of junk in the yard and i actually thought the home was vacant. Luckily i didnt load it up as somebody lived there amd it was their main bbq grill :doh:

So cool. I want one. I saw one once. It was in a backyard of a house i was roofing. There was a lot of junk in the yard and i actually thought the home was vacant. Luckily i didnt load it up as somebody lived there amd it was their main bbq grill :doh:

I've had my eye on one ever since I saw Moose's and he was the one that found it for me eventually. :clap2:

I know the feeling. A few years ago I was looking for a cabin and one property had a Weber from 58? It was a Wood Dale and the home was empty but I wasn't sure if the owner was still going to come back and pick it up. I wanted to talk to the listing agent to see if the owner will sell it to me or if it was there for the taking. Made the trek back home and looking at so many properties that day I lost the listing flyer. For the life of me I couldn't trace back my route to the cabin and it was 1 and a 1/2 away as well.

:doh:

Just hoping some on didn't just toss it in the trash. It was in great shape.

20130818_145808.jpg

20130818_145750.jpg

I've had my eye on one ever since I saw Moose's and he was the one that found it for me eventually. :clap2:

I know the feeling. A few years ago I was looking for a cabin and one property had a Weber from 58? It was a Wood Dale and the home was empty but I wasn't sure if the owner was still going to come back and pick it up. I wanted to talk to the listing agent to see if the owner will sell it to me or if it was there for the taking. Made the trek back home and looking at so many properties that day I lost the listing flyer. For the life of me I couldn't trace back my route to the cabin and it was 1 and a 1/2 away as well.

:doh:

Just hoping some on didn't just toss it in the trash. It was in great shape.

20130818_145808.jpg

20130818_145750.jpg

Duuuude. We are all sick.

Four years ago i seen a "happy cooker" on a job. They are kettles with an adjustable charcoal grate height and a hinged lid.

He had a badass gas setup and the happy cooker was sadly off to the side. I regret not rescuing it to this day.

You think it would be weird if i dropped by to check on it?

Fark no! Nothing wrong with going back to check. But then again this is the asylum. :loco:

I've seen one of those here on CL and it was posted forever. Now I wish I picked it up. The prices dropped to something ridiculous like $25 but didn't know what it was. Wish I had picked it up. :doh: X2

Duuuude. We are all sick.

Four years ago i seen a "happy cooker" on a job. They are kettles with an adjustable charcoal grate height and a hinged lid.

He had a badass gas setup and the happy cooker was sadly off to the side. I regret not rescuing it to this day.

You think it would be weird if i dropped by to check on it?

Honest question, where are you guys keeping all of your random picture of other people’s smokers/grills? In a file called 1997 taxes? Lol.

Back