THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful steaks Any post cook pics :hungry:

wait where is the food pron?

You guys should know I wouldn't disappoint. Talk about a learning curve. "A little goes a long way" can't be more accurate. I guess I put too much coal in. The steaks came out great but a bit over than I like. This thing went nuclear in no time :shocked: Delicious nonetheless.

Started my fire as I usually do

Lh1OccTh.jpg

pVftz9nh.jpg

0AY95ADh.jpg

FW5wWNkh.jpg

azV7bTJh.jpg

Did I say nuclear?? :heh::heh:

dLCPXfJh.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fine looking cooked and some darn fine dead cow chunks. What size grate does that thing have? Equal to a weber 22.5 or larger?

Very cool Sako!

I didn't even know they existed, great job on the refurb!

Very nice job, and happy to see her getting some action once again. I have never seen one, so it was a nice education.

Steaks look amazingly delicious, as far as the restoration I'm guessing you must be a plastic surgeon, nicely done and better than new.

Sako, I knew the Oval was going to a great home, and you did a STELLAR restoration! That cart looks awesome and I like the cool mid-century modern look to it.

I purchased my Oval in 2003, and it's still going strong. I use this cooker more than any of my others and it's the ultimate reverse searing machine. I would take this over a Weber kettle ANY day of the week, and if someone offered me $5,000 cash for my Oval, I still would not sell it!

Here's a pic I took of mine after a good spring cleaning some years back:

IMG_0272-1.jpg

Great job on bringing a classic back into action. I really like the oval or capsule shaped grills over the round grills. What kind of wood did you use? I like the burnished finish. :clap2:

Thanks guys! I gotta be honest and say that I didn't think it would turn out this nice. The new frame is what kicked everything into high gear.

Back