Back in the Saddle

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
again. Go ahead, sing that Aerosmith song!

I haven't fired up any of the grills since early September. It's been almost 8 weeks since my open heart surgery so this is the first day I've grilled and it's good to be cooking outside once again.

The Goldens' was in rough shape, I had forgotten to clean it and the CI grates had considerable rust when I opened it for the first time yesterday. Yuk! A good scraping and cleaning followed by a very hot fire and it's back in business. The grates are properly seasoned and it was ready to go for tonite's dinner which was

CAB Strip Steaks w/ Sweet Potatoes, Asparagus and Mushrooms

76Co4tW.jpg

2UASP7J.jpg

VrGKM9f.jpg

Steaks were seasoned with Oakridge Santa Maria, Asparagus with Simply Marvelous Season-All.

Dinner is served -

EOezZCo.jpg

along with a side of Baby Bellas -

Us5c1rR.jpg

It's good to be out at the grill once again!!

Quick side note: we've had our dining room and kitchen oak floors refinished. It's taken 2 weeks (!) only because contractor #1 did a terrible job and had to be replaced. I managed to find another flooring contractor who stepped in on short notice, resanded and refinished the floors this past week. He did an awesome job. The only reason I mention this is we've been living in the upstairs bedrooms (with our cat) with no access to the kitchen. So LOTS of eating out which gets old very fast. That's why it's good to be grilling again!

For those wondering, I'm doing well after the open heart surgery. I'm probably at 85%, lots more energy, quite a bit more activity. I still need to take it easy and not push things too hard. My thanks to all who wished me well in the other thread. I'm back.

Regards,
-lunchman

Glad to hear you are doing better, Dom. Welcome back! :grin:
Your meal looks fantastic!

Best wishes on getting to 100% sooner rather than later. Great to see you back in your element and at the smoker. It appears that you haven't lost your touch.

Really good to see you back posting your marvelous cooks here, Dom - glad you've recovered! You haven't lost your touch, and looking forward to the next installment!

Killer cook Ron. You did not lose your touch. Love the addition of the Mushrooms on the steak. Glad you are doing well I have been wondering how you were. Was just about to PM You. Glad you afre doing well and are back

That's great. I could tell from the first pic that was oakridge on those steaks.

I just fired up my grill for the first time in several weeks myself for a quick pork chop

Back