THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I am looking at doing my first brisket in the next week or so. I have found my chicken rub. I am decided on the next pork rub I am going to try. However; I am still undecided on a beef rub (primarily for brisket). I have seen the cash cow and the bovine bold (plowboys is my go to for chicken so I figure it must be good too). Is there one of these that y'all would consider better than the other?

I used to make really complex BBQ rubs, and I also used just about everything on the market...Kosmos, Big Poppa Smokers, Hardcore Carnivore, Oakridge....all of those are good rubs and they bring a lot of flavor to a brisket.

This being said salt and freshly ground black pepper tastes better to me and it gives a great bark. I do Morton's Kosher Salt first and then a solid heavy coat of freshly ground black pepper (Malabar pepper if you can find it locally).

Agree salt n pepper are really good on brisket, I like lay it on generously about 60 pepper and 40 salt ratio myself and usually a light dust of granulated garlic.
Basic Beef is really a great option too,not overly salty, just really good.

https://texasselectseasonings.com/products/bbq-rubs/#!/Basic-Beef-4-oz/p/11851531/category=2720024

If you want a little more all around good lay a coat or Juciy Pig on there too.

https://texasselectseasonings.com/p...e-Juicy-Pig™-5-oz/p/11851548/category=2720024

716fadb8e956b8416751a3d5d655d304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Sucklebusters SPG. Garlic is a great addition to salt and pepper. I also like to add just a little bit of cayenne pepper for a hint of spicy.

Meat Church All the Way!

I've used Meat Church's Holy Cow and Holy Gospel and had amazing results on my smoker for brisket.

I coat it once with holy cow front and back. Then I coat it with Holy Gospel once. And then I go back over it again with Holy Cow. Uses about 1/2 a bottle of his rubs but man, they are good.

I've tried some others, and Holy Cow is a blend of Salt, Pepper and Garlic among other things I'm sure, but it's turned the bark into something just amazing!

Back