THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've used Oakridge Black Ops for my last couple briskets and I really found the flavor to be good, But I'm in the same boat as everyone else: beef deserves salt and pepper, and lots of it. I guess you'll just have to keep cooking brisket, as research, right?

I've used Oakridge Black Ops for my last couple briskets and I really found the flavor to be good, But I'm in the same boat as everyone else: beef deserves salt and pepper, and lots of it. I guess you'll just have to keep cooking brisket, as research, right?

Salt and Pepper is a step up from Black Ops. Way too much Chile's and Paprika. (its the main ingredients) In my opinion, anyone that raves about BO, has not tried Bovine Bold.

You are the biggest debbie downer on this forum. Cheer up and stop acting like you have to white knight every contructive criticism post.

Yeah...overpriced taco seasoning is real "constructive".

pot-kettle-black.jpg

I was using Bovine Bold long before you or probably anyone else had ever heard of it. I dont use Black Ops often either, so I really dont know what you think I am white knighting about, not that facts or reality really ever stopped you from opining. I will stop feeding the troll now.

Back on topic...most commonly a 2:2:1:1 by weight kosher salt, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion. Sometimes EAT Barbecue Most Powerful Stuff, some other times Oakridge BBQ Beef and Pork. Sometimes Black Ops.

I was using Bovine Bold long before you or probably anyone else had ever heard of it. I dont use Black Ops often either, so I really dont know what you think I am white knighting about, not that facts or reality really ever stopped you from opining.

Then why did you feel to argue with my post? Why can't i express how much i love Bovine bold? I clearly showed i have tried both, and i made my opinion. Why can't ypou accept that with out white knighting the other brand?

SPOG and Montreal Steak Seasoning with pecan wood. I have used the Traeger Beef Rub a buddy gave me a couple of times and liked it even though it had sugar in it.

Brisket Rub

I agree bovine bold is very balanced. The problem is your delivery on almost every post you have is rude. Getting back on track to the OP because I haven’t seen this suggestion yet.. Try Tuffys cool smoke rub from his book. It’s nice and balanced
Have you even tried Bovine Bold? I am guessing its before your time. I feel bad for you, that all you know is Black Ops.

Thanks for all the input and I'd say Candice definitely loves her some Bovine Bold with the pantry loaded up like that.

I know there are a lot of Texans on here have any of y'all tried the Heaven Made Products Texas Best Brisket Rub? I have come across a lot of good things on this recently.

Back