THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
I don't nap. Ive never been able to take naps, 3rd of 4th kids I was afraid I would miss something. So perusing online charcoal, brisket, value rib prices and wanting a chub of bologna to smoke along with a couple Fattys. Opened up Wal-Mart and it said they have USDA Choice Brisket around 2.75#. Usual disclaimer that ad may be wrong, out of stock etc. Wal-Mart Gas 2.65 gallon so made the loop and got sausage and bologna at Brahms, Gas at the Wal-Mart, parked went inside and I'll be darn there sat a reasonable priced 18# USDA Choice packer. Threw that sucker over my shoulder like a big dog. Others in bin were choice but better but 68-75$ and almost $5#

18# I'm going to make Burger out of 5-6 inches of flat. My cringe level on brisket starts hitting somewhere around 3.25#

2.56 is doable

Last edited:
That last picture is 100% why I'm knee deep in Charcutirey. Have had success and failures in Brats, Polish sausage, breakfast links, hot dogs, capicola etc. While maybe not pleased with a couple trys it is hands down better than that salty, chemical ridden stuff from the store.
Ed

Back