Brisket- How Many Per Year??

Id guess I cooked 12-15 last year. I started doing them for work parties and people really liked them. Now I have a group of people who pay for my brisket if I cook them one too. Good deal on both ends IMO

7-8, which is about my yearly average. I smoke butts about twice as often. I love smoking ribs but the better half doesn't eat them, so they are only for when we have company.

4-6 per year but I won't be spending weekends in the mountains on my motorcycle this spring, so maybe more this year. Usually cook 14-16 pounders, but I've been seeing some cute 10-12 pound prime packers at Sams. Maybe I'll start cooking more, smaller briskets.

Did 40+ last year (had family, church and work events) but probably average 12-18 a year.

Mostly get choice when on sale (less than $2/lb) and a few prime ($3 range) at Costco.

I usually do about 10 a year., most holidays plus a couple more that I take to work. I pick mine up at Kroger when they have them for 1.77 a pound.

I do about 6-10 a year that vary from 5-14 bucks a pound depending on the quality/grade. Honestly, I think I’m done with the higher end ones.
I currently have two Waygu packers in the freezer that I picked up for 6.49 a pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dfw brethren. Went to Costco today and they had wagyu brisket at $4.99 a lb. I’ve never paid more than $2.99 a lb for prime and won’t pay anymore unless I absolutely had to. Never had wagyu it would be awesome to try. But not at that price point.

I probably smoke around 3 and grill another 4 a year. I prefer grilled brisket over smoked. It's around $2.69- $3.69 /lb for prime packer at Costco and Sam's.

Dfw brethren. Went to Costco today and they had wagyu brisket at $4.99 a lb. I’ve never paid more than $2.99 a lb for prime and won’t pay anymore unless I absolutely had to. Never had wagyu it would be awesome to try. But not at that price point.

best price i have seen. i passed on the wagyu cross breed briskets at $7 or $8. $120 or so was too much to experiment with for me. maybe a 12 pounder would have pushed me over the edge.

6-8 here too Adams. I do love playing with the temps as I'm a temp guy. And now it's overnight cooks with ATC (automatic temp control) with Bluetooth app.

Nothing but Choice grade or above I learned along time ago. Just the Wife and I here now so thank goodness for vac sealers.

Back