Bride Was Napping....

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I don't nap. Ive never been able to take naps, 3rd of 4th kids I was afraid I would miss something. So perusing online charcoal, brisket, value rib prices and wanting a chub of bologna to smoke along with a couple Fattys. Opened up Wal-Mart and it said they have USDA Choice Brisket around 2.75#. Usual disclaimer that ad may be wrong, out of stock etc. Wal-Mart Gas 2.65 gallon so made the loop and got sausage and bologna at Brahms, Gas at the Wal-Mart, parked went inside and I'll be darn there sat a reasonable priced 18# USDA Choice packer. Threw that sucker over my shoulder like a big dog. Others in bin were choice but better but 68-75$ and almost $5#

18# I'm going to make Burger out of 5-6 inches of flat. My cringe level on brisket starts hitting somewhere around 3.25#

2.56 is doable

Last edited:
That last picture is 100% why I'm knee deep in Charcutirey. Have had success and failures in Brats, Polish sausage, breakfast links, hot dogs, capicola etc. While maybe not pleased with a couple trys it is hands down better than that salty, chemical ridden stuff from the store.
Ed

Congrats we dont see them here much less than $5 a lbs, so it aint often i smoke 1

Back