THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State Championship is Confirmed for Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2009!

The Boston Hills BBQ Fest will be a KCBS State Championship!

Here's the list of KCBS and NEBS Open Grilliing Teams:

Swamp Pit BBQ - KCBS
Good Smoke BBQ - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Meadheads - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Formal BBQ and Catering - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Full Pull - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Regal BBQ - KCBS
Dazed & Confused - KCBS
Big Belly BBQ - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Smoke On Wheels - KCBS
Hawg Doctors - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Quau - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Park Place Pit - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Diva Q - KCBS
The 5th Artery - NEBS Open Grilling
Can't Stop Grillin' - KCBS
Red Valley BBQ - KCBS
1st Alarm BBQ - KCBS
Double D Barbque - NEBS Open Grilling

So that's 16 confirmed for KCBS, with 9 competing in the NEBS Open Grilling.

In addition to the State Championship, Boston Hills is the second stop on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series, with 3 of the seven happening in WNY! You only need to cook 4 to have a shot at the title.

It was a pleasure meeting and hanging out with many of you at Roc City this past weekend. I received many verbals this past weekend. Get those entry forms and checks in! If we get to 40 teams, we're paying and awarding trophies through 10th place.

Hi Julie!

Hope you and the Swamp Pit Crew got home safe and sound. Wanted to personally thank you for the AWESOME Stromboli you brought, and the coffee. Also wanted to let you know that your rig is safely at the PFC Station. Jim and crew really loved the care package. I missed the "Skippy Burgers" and will not make the same mistake at Boston Hills!

Hi Julie!

Hope you and the Swamp Pit Crew got home safe and sound. Wanted to personally thank you for the AWESOME Stromboli you brought, and the coffee. Also wanted to let you know that your rig is safely at the PFC Station. Jim and crew really loved the care package. I missed the "Skippy Burgers" and will not make the same mistake at Boston Hills!

ty so much for taking such good care of our trailer...see ya soon!

Mike - I think I'm signed up for the cook's potluck right? If you would be so kind as to shoot me emails addys for the teams; I can get the ball rolling for anyone that wants to join in. looking forward to it!!!

Mike - I think I'm signed up for the cook's potluck right? If you would be so kind as to shoot me emails addys for the teams; I can get the ball rolling for anyone that wants to join in. looking forward to it!!!

Yes, you and Rob are heading up the pot luck. I am a bonafide trout bum and am headed off today on another trip to the mountain streams. I'll be back next week, and will get you all the info.

Mike, nice job to you and your team at Rochester! Looking forward to Boston!

Thanks a bunch, Pete. Congrats to you and your team too on your calls.

RGC was a nice surprise. All 4 KCBS in the top ten was a shocker. All in all, a great way to debut a new team. Thanks again.

Thanks a bunch, Pete. Congrats to you and your team too on your calls.

RGC was a nice surprise. All 4 KCBS in the top ten was a shocker. All in all, a great way to debut a new team. Thanks again.

Glad you are organizing Boston hills and not cooking it!!!:twisted: Take it easy on a brother.:p

Glad you are organizing Boston hills and not cooking it!!!:twisted: Take it easy on a brother.:p

The other half of Mr Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars will be cooking BHBF, without Angela and I. I can't promise that Eric and Grace will take it easy on you! LOL! I can promise I won't be a factor.

Besides, Mr Bobo is high maintenance. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi chilled to exactly 37 degrees with exactly 12.2 Perrier Ice Cubes, Fragrance Free Wet Naps, and who could forget the crushed velvet throw for the Lafuma? I'm glad to have the weekend off from that. :p

Besides, Mr Bobo is high maintenance. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi chilled to exactly 37 degrees with exactly 12.2 Perrier Ice Cubes, Fragrance Free Wet Naps, and who could forget the crushed velvet throw for the Lafuma? I'm glad to have the weekend off from that.

now that is funny!! coffee out the nose funny...

Andy, I think that you have competed against some of the best of the best.....vacation, we are hoping that you save it up for the Lake.....and just head into Boston Hills for a nice relaxing time.....well, until the grilling contest that is.....:twisted:.......then game on.....looking forward to cooking with you and the girls....oh yeah, and cannot forget wife too.....:biggrin:

Two more teams have been added to the roster:

Smokin' Eagles - KCBS and NEBS Open Grilling
Wing Night - NEBS Open Grilling

Also, anyone who hasn't sent their entry form in yet, we are waiving the LATE REGISTRATION FEE. Be sure to get them in!

As stated in a previous post, the Boston Hills BBQ Fest IS a Qualifier for the Jack and American Royal Invitational. If we get 40 teams entered and paid, we will pay and award TROPHIES through 10th place.

now that is funny!! coffee out the nose funny...

Andy, I think that you have competed against some of the best of the best.....vacation, we are hoping that you save it up for the Lake.....and just head into Boston Hills for a nice relaxing time.....well, until the grilling contest that is.....:twisted:.......then game on.....looking forward to cooking with you and the girls....oh yeah, and cannot forget wife too.....:biggrin:

Yeah, can't forget me.....I'm the one who takes care of the "big kid". lol The girls came up with a grilling team name: Oh-I-Kan Grill
We can add to it or just leave it as it is, up to you.

Yeah, can't forget me.....I'm the one who takes care of the "big kid". lol The girls came up with a grilling team name: Oh-I-Kan Grill
We can add to it or just leave it as it is, up to you.

A little play on words with Ohio - Kansas teamwork deal, huh? NICE!

Rob - make sure you send in two seperate entry forms for Them Ohio City Boys and Oh-I-Kan Grill.

I've got the Visitor's Guides for the welcome packet. We'll keep you guys busy after the contest too! Also, Honcho of Smokin' Eagles has some connections with travel in and around the falls. I will list his contact info on a future email to teams.

If you get a chance to do the Whirlpool Jet Boats, its crazy fun. Not for the faint of heart.

Oh-I-Kan Grill
I love it, talk about a Ohio/Kansas connection, joined in with a Carolina Boy....lol.....
Thanks for the heads up about how to register that Mike, I was just sending in one....but, will correct that now.......

OK, I have been out working the streets for our event. And I got some space for you folks B-4 or after the Boston Hills event, My back yd is 800' x 110' lots of space for camping You spot your trailer go see the sites, spend the night here free If you perfer I also hooked Holiday express (1-716-298-4500 ask 4 Kristina, also works with a bus tour company )n Days inn (1-716-743-9224 ask 4 Ricky) at the end of my street 2 miles from the city limits, Pass word, barebecue any questions call me at 1-716-695-3755

OK, I have been out working the streets for our event. And I got some space for you folks B-4 or after the Boston Hills event, My back yd is 800' x 110' lots of space for camping You spot your trailer go see the sites, spend the night here free If you perfer I also hooked Holiday express (1-716-298-4500 ask 4 Kristina, also works with a bus tour company )n Days inn (1-716-743-9224 ask 4 Ricky) at the end of my street 2 miles from the city limits, Pass word, barebecue any questions call me at 1-716-695-3755

Great thanks for the info!!

Thanks Honcho!

Back