THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Giggler

is one Smokin' Farker
Have been holding off on the announcement to give past participants first crack at getting in. We're limited to 50 teams again this year. Some of you may know, that our contest is among the most team-friendly contests on the circuit. We still have openings.

KCBS Check In will be on June 28th.
KCBS Turn Ins will be at the usual times on June 29th.
NEBS Wide Open Grilling will be on June 30th.

A couple of changes this year:

First up, is where the you all will be set up. I'm pleased to announce that instead of having two separate competition areas, we're all going to be together this year, and nobody will be set up on blacktop. For past competitors, you remember that the RV teams were set up in a dedicated RV campground behind the main stage. Those sites were in grass, were roomy, had dedicated electric and water on site, and were very easy to get in and out of before-during-and after the event. The showers are located at the end of the first row. That's where we'll all be.

Included in your KCBS entry fee is a dedicated RV Site for Friday Night. Teams wishing to arrive early or stay late, will need to submit their entry forms with payment for the additional night(s). The Fairgrounds charges $25/night for these sites.

I'm disappointed to report that the Beer Wristbands will be discontinued this year. Frankly, it was abused by a few people. A few bad apples, spoiled the bushel. In lieu of wristbands, we will have a hospitality station dedicated to team members only. Location TBA. The good news, is that I will be able to make the selections. Since we're all centrally located this year, the party lives on!

Pot Luck Dinner - Neil from Too Sauced to Pork stepped up last year, and unless he's willing to organize again, we need a new volunteer to select a theme and organize for all.
Please contact me if you are interested.

We had 100% KCBS Certified Judges last year, and with David and Eileen Bunn heading up the organization of judges. They do a great job with this daunting task. Thanks to David and Eileen!

The Public Sampling/Fundraising Portion of Saturday's Event last year was a HUGE hit. The public really enjoyed that part of the day. As many of you know, this is a fund raiser for the Patchin Fire Company. Please consider participating.

Both Entry Forms and Judge's Registration Forms are attached.

www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com
www.wnybbqfest.com
A note on WNY BBQ Fest - in order to appeal to a more regional crowd, the public portion of the event has been rebranded to be the WNY BBQ Fest.

Hope to see you in June!

Attachments

• Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2013 Entry Form.pdf
    365.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Boston Hills BBQ Fest 2013 Judges Registration Form.pdf
    109.8 KB · Views: 0
Sorry I won't be able to be there this year. It was a blast last year. Don't get bucknered this year and see if you can keep the apple pie from freezing...

Can't wait for this one! Always a great time, and seeing Mike in those shorts just makes the event! :thumb:

Back