THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would love to go think there is another contest that day

would love to go think there is another contest that day

And we'd love to have you come on out. Easy driving for you the whole way.

I don't believe there are any conflicts in the NE. Sandwiched between NH and LP.

State Championship w/ Gov. Proc. Awesome trophies. Payout based on field. And 2nd stop on the Empire State BBQ Championship Series.

What hotels are in the area? ANy other attractions in the area ? Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it. Unfortunately I cannot compete

Last edited:
What hotels are in the area? ANy other attractions in the area ? Thinking about coming up and making a weekend out of it.

We have FANTASTIC snowmobile trails! LOL!

There's a lot of history that includes a Naval Museum, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Niagara Falls, and more. The Greatest Smallmouth Bass fishery in the World is in the greater Buffalo part of Lake Erie, and the Upper Niagara River. As well as some authentic ethnic restaurants.

We had a Committee meeting last night, and this very topic was discussed. I have been in touch with the Greater Buffalo-Niagara Vistors Center, and they are printing Visitor's Guides for our Competitors and Judges. I will pick these travel guides up mid-May, and they will be a part of the welcome packet at Check In. Visit: www.visitbuffaloniagara.com for more information.

We will be hitting the falls too, as part of our whirlwind trip. I think we're going to put the trailer in a barrel, and try to ride the falls!!!

Been to the falls and they are worth the trip. The US side is run down but the Canadian side looks real nice and built up. If I were allowed across the border I would rather be on that side. Either way it is awesome. Make sure you go on the boat ride http://www.maidofthemist.com/en/

We're going to the falls while we're in the area.:biggrin: Should be fun, no one in our group has ever been.

We will be hitting the falls too, as part of our whirlwind trip. I think we're going to put the trailer in a barrel, and try to ride the falls!!!

Was thinking about a Thursday trip to the falls, could make it a special yellow bus tour......love heading up there.....and then I get vacation points from Nicole too.....:biggrin:

Why not?.....would be more than welcome to hang in our site........

Yeah, Rob and Andy have both stepped up for the Cook's Pot Luck. Lord knows you'll be in good company and eat well!

And of course, there's always the Swamp Pit BBQ Lounge and Lido Deck! I heard they make great burgers and cocktails. Even if Skip is afraid to scratch the bed of his new truck! :biggrin:

Question....do you know of any services in the area that either rent out, or, supply limo/mini-bus services? I was thinking, instead of 3 or 4 carloads hitting the falls, paying for a driver for like the mini bus.......any leads would be appreciated....for like Thursday before noonish.......
Anyone else up for this?

we're gonna see how we fair our at Roc City,, who knows, could get the GC and get entry to boston hills,, never know,, strange things do happen from time to time.lol.

we're gonna see how we fair our at Roc City,, who knows, could get the GC and get entry to boston hills,, never know,, strange things do happen from time to time.lol.

You know, Brian and I discussed this. If you enter the BHBF, and end up winning Roc City, we'll reimburse the KCBS entry fee. So you've got nothing to lose!

Back