THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks y'all.

PatAttack, it's just a simple box pasta salad that I bought and added some cheddar cheese, salad shrimp, and diced tomato to.

Decoy, I bought a drip mat to go under the front of the pit so drippings don't fall on the ground.

1B88C39F-AF9E-44CC-AFA6-F175503DE9D9_zpsmktaksmh.jpg

Time to clean her up. First, a look to see how much charcoal I used. I guestimated that I put about 15 pounds in. I seven plus hours of cooking, I used another guestimate of half of that maybe. So, I am going to guess (again) about a pound per hour. Not sure if that is good or bad, but nice to know I can dump a 20 pound bag in and know I have more than enough for a brisket.

85483323-F4CD-4D59-BEAB-0B86C3A0125F_zpslv9odatj.jpg

Looking like new. Dumped the ashes, sprayed the whole inside with more Pam, cleaned the outside with a little Fast 505, and then polished the stainless.

E821AE82-F090-4FC3-8595-5E596FAB280D_zpshodvbjjo.jpg

Snug in her blanket until next cook. Supposed to be rainy this weekend and into the week, but I promised I was going to make some ribs for Monday, so then at the latest.

03E7E0AE-EFE6-4F15-AB79-163D9F3462CA_zpsco6qj8iw.jpg

Picture of her in her temporary home. The wife is not happy it's there, but it is only until I get the other one sold.

BB95E9EA-53C4-4EB3-927D-B5B15A49F6A4_zps7kcbz4nt.jpg

Sorry, time to do some yard work in the back...

I am seriously thinking of driving the vertical offset down to Willis and letting them sell it. Pretty sure it would go within a week of taking it down there. They say they have customers come in all the time expecting to pick one up that day, not knowing that there is a waiting list... (I know. I should have thought of this last week.)

SpringRam, he offered that if I brought it to him, he would charge $100 to pressure wash and then touch up any scratches. No other fees other than that.

BL, Not sure if I ever made Beef Ribs on the offset. Not many cooks on it. I would think it leans more towards what I did on my WSM since they are similar.

My attempts at beef ribs were a little more stringy, but loving that last pic of yours. Is that what you get when you cross cut? The new cabinet is really sweet looking.

Churro, You just got to give these time to cook. No exact amount of time and I never checked a temperature, I just waited until I could easily push a toothpick between each rib bone. If it easily goes through the meat in three spots and it's a little harder in the other, give it a little more time.

Once done, I let them rest about 30 minutes. I would have gone longer, but we were hungry. I sliced each rib into individual bones, turned then over, cut the tissue holding the meat to the bone, and just pealed the meat off. For serving, I took a hunk of meat and sliced it what would have been across the bone. For most of the meat that was across the grain, but there were a couple pieces that it was with it. No biggie as it was tender enough to pull apart.

Churro, You just got to give these time to cook. No exact amount of time and I never checked a temperature, I just waited until I could easily push a toothpick between each rib bone. If it easily goes through the meat in three spots and it's a little harder in the other, give it a little more time.

Once done, I let them rest about 30 minutes. I would have gone longer, but we were hungry. I sliced each rib into individual bones, turned then over, cut the tissue holding the meat to the bone, and just pealed the meat off. For serving, I took a hunk of meat and sliced it what would have been across the bone. For most of the meat that was across the grain, but there were a couple pieces that it was with it. No biggie as it was tender enough to pull apart.

Got ya, thanks for the tips :thumb:

You are welcome. BTW, I always expect these to take somewhere between 6 - 7 hours at around 275* if that helps for planning your cook. If you cook lower or higher, just adjust your time...

SpringRam, he offered that if I brought it to him, he would charge $100 to pressure wash and then touch up any scratches. No other fees other than that.

:thumb::thumb::thumb: If push comes to shove, Terry, I think this is a pretty awesome deal. I would totally do it since you will increase market and traffic of people looking at your smoker multiple times over. It might be tough to coordinate the sale since you have to travel far for it but I think it's worth it.

Back