THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Terry
Second cook on the LSG cabinet and it went much better than the first round. Beef Short Rib Plate seasoned with Worcestershire Sauce, SPOG, and some Chipotle Powder. The cook went great with stable temps unless I opened the door (I know, but she's new, gotta make sure she's not ruining it).

Used about 15 pounds of charcoal and made sure the coal was stacked higher and wider. This slowed the burn down.

IMG_4459_zps4lhzr5w9.jpg

IMG_4460_zpsdy8wzxnt.jpg

Ribs ready to go...

IMG_4461_zps72wdrpdh.jpg

By the time I put them on, the temp was fairly steady at 250*, still slowly climbing, but I was looking for around 275* so I was fine with it.

IMG_4463_zpsb1idnazi.jpg

First peek after 2 hours. Meat starting to pull back.

IMG_4465_zps8vt2q537.jpg

As quick as I was to get that photo, the increase of O2 caused the temp to go up again. Same thing when I looked after 4 hours.

IMG_4467_zpscuqarwbw.jpg

By the fifth hour, the temp was stable at 288* I had closed the vents a little.

IMG_4468_zpstycofn3g.jpg

IMG_4469_zpscazf2xse.jpg

The pit says 275*, the Maverick 288*. They may be both right as the Maverick probe was center of the grate and the ribs were between that probe and the stem from the pit.

IMG_4470_zpsilznt9l9.jpg

IMG_4471_zps5pqh2mlo.jpg

After 5.5 hours I rotated the ribs. Almost probe tender...

IMG_4472_zpsszxe7ajl.jpg

IMG_4473_zpspiuzxkf4.jpg

Done a little longer than 6 hours.

IMG_4474_zpstk1wf1j9.jpg

Let them rest for about 30 mins and then sliced.

IMG_4475_zpskpl00ivj.jpg

Sliced the meat off the bones and plated with some pasta salad (box+).

IMG_4476_zpsgswxjscb.jpg

Tender, juicy, and flavorful like brisket...

IMG_4477_zpse9e1zpue.jpg

Thanks for looking and for today's comments. I think it helped me dial her in some.

Oh, and SpringRam, I turned the mat over. It looks better that way too...

Man, that last pic says it all. That is my all time favorite when it looks like that. Those suckers are not quick or cheap but soooo good.

Nice work! (insert appropriate emoji here)

Thanks Y'all...

Cheez - No water in the pan at all. Don't plan to unless I try some jerky or cheese.

Retired Trucker - This is from the cabinet that I just got. It's the vertical offset that I am trying to sell.

Nicely done! Looks like you are having a lot of fun with the new toy. It's amazing how little air these things need to run.

Hell yeah!!! You dialed that sucker right in for this one man. Looks perfect. What is the mat you guys are talking about?

Back