THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

images

Most squid do not have a bone, they do have a pen (gladius). The pen has the same feel as a plastic straw. Cuttlebones are more common in cuttlefish which are closely related to squid. The cuttlebone is what makes the cuttlefish less active and the pen is why the squid are more active and faster in the water.

I am going to makes an assumed judgement call which PYGBOYZ can overrule if he desires.

Exoskeletal animals are invertebrates, so they are boneless, correct? Or, being a form of skeleton, would not be allowed?:confused:

Hmmm. Bacon doesn't have bones, does it? :mod:

A few years ago I was in a Safeway and saw a sign in the meat department that gave me pause. It read "Boneless Turkey Ham."

What bone would that have in it?

I am going to makes an assumed judgement call which PYGBOYZ can overrule if he desires.

Exoskeletal animals are invertebrates, so they are boneless, correct? Or, being a form of skeleton, would not be allowed?:confused:

Let's make this simple and say no internal bones, exoskeletal creatures are safe.

Wow, I thought the category and rules were straight forward. Thank you my brethren for educating me on the finer points of rules and stright forward.

So if we remove the bones before cooking, can we add the bones to the plated entry shot? What if the plate or utensils we use for the entry shot is made of bone? It would seem to me that in either case, these two scenarios would certainly not be "No bones about it". :confused:

This is getting very confusing....:mmph:

:mrgreen:

I like you Moose, now I know what being Moosed is all about. If your ?'s are serious However, the TD is "No bones about it". So keeping with the spirit of the TD, I would say no to even plating bones. Bone Utensils are fine.

I think it needs clarification that if you crack a bone at any stage during the cook, that's a self flagell....er....self mast.....er.....self....um....ban.
Ban.
Yup.
That sure fixed Mongo's wagon!

I think it needs clarification that if you crack a bone at any stage during the cook, that's a self flagell....er....self mast.....er.....self....um....ban.
Ban.
Yup.
That sure fixed Mongo's wagon!

Off to the penalty box you go...

:tsk:

Back