THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bill,
I know you would have come if I had asked and it were possible for you too. If you would have volunteered, I would have asked you to NOT come - so you can take care of your son - or rest from all you've been going through. I appreciate you, though!
God's blessings to you and yours!
soundss like you got some good volunteers anyway..Im sure it will be a success!

amjcedar are you bringing the dancin pole? I have the mud pit for the late night female wrestling matches.

Back to reality... I am bringing a camera and encourage others as well to document this event. Do we have interweb access to get to here?

There is no Internet access available in Manito when there are outsiders in town :)
Yep, we can use the computer in my church study - you'll just have to get over the mess!

Impossible. I heard the Pastor is a Q-er. Everyone knows how OCD Q-ers are and they would never leave a mess behind.

Computers and indoor plumin! Wow high class.

Chambers going tonight to get stuff I need for Sat morning eats. Anything you need for this weekend please hollar before 2pm.

The only thing I have thought of that we might still want/need for Saturday serving times is a QUIET generator. I'm not sure we'll have electricity in the parking lot, and we might need a roaster for keeping meat hot while serving. I think we can get by without one, though. I have a generator, but it is very loud...

Did you remember a metal can "ASH" lololol Can. Prolly bring over the WSM I will need it for making breakfast.....

The only thing I have thought of that we might still want/need for Saturday serving times is a QUIET generator. I'm not sure we'll have electricity in the parking lot, and we might need a roaster for keeping meat hot while serving. I think we can get by without one, though. I have a generator, but it is very loud...

Hey guys..... MAN- Just caught up on the last few pages on the thread. Pants required, huh? Wish you'd have told me that before I volunteered!!:becky:

Back on topic -- I don't have a generator and the only one I may have access to is NOT quiet. Ash mentioned extension cord. Will that work? Being a carpenter, I have hundreds of feet of good 12 ga. extension cord. Will tha tbe enough to power the roaster?

Oh, also--

Dan, you said you'd take smokewood if I brought it. I have LOTS of splits of oak, apple and cherry as well as chunk. You prefer splits or chunk? I'll not likely make it before you fire up your cooker for THIS one, but I've got tons. Happy to bring some if you'll use it in the future.

Kempus, I am trying to get access to electricity from the store, so any extension cords would be helpful, in case we get access. My motto is, "Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it". My big smoker uses splits - it's a beast of a stick burner. If you have wood that you can let go of, I'd love to take it off your hand - of course, I'd take chunks, too, for my Egg and WSM. I'd buy whatever you can bring.

Marty, actually, I don't have an ASH can - this is my first cook away from my house, where I don't really need one for hot ashes. I'll try to find one at a hardware store today. I'll be sure the WSM is here, and polly the Big Steel Keg, too...or the Weber Kettle...or all of them...

Thanks again, everyone!

Alright, so I'm bringing:

Large cooler
Medium cooler
Small cooler (filled with "Catholic Sodas" -- I'm a snob (picky):roll:)
Splits of cherry, oak and apple and some chunk
All the extension cord I can round up (probably about 200-250 lf)
EZ-Up

........oh......and pants..........dammit!:becky:

Sounds good, Wampus. I know you're upset about the pants rule, but I never said the had to be worn on the lower on the lower half of the body :)

I will have internet on my laptop via my cell so we can doc and upload to share with the Brethren real time.

camera
100ft cord
apple (will try to saw/split tonight)
100qt cooler
smaller cooler
Towels for cooler wrap/rest

Anything else?

If any of youse has Bear Claws, they might come in handy. I have two pair - I also picked up a Billy (FatBoyz) inspired tool for pulling pork, if we have electricity.

Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. Lord bless you with safe travels!

Yep, I have a couple, but borrowed a Hammer Drill for the occasion.
Okay, guys, I'm heading to pick up the buns and the chips - be back late this afternoon. Have a great one!

Back