Anyone Want a Discounted Hunsaker Smoker Around Atlanta?? (Need to Know by Thursday)

I want one but I already have 18.5" WSM with Hunsaker Vortex plate. I can't see the smoke flavor profile or the cooking to be that much different between 18.5 WSM w/ Vortex plate and Hunsaker other than larger cooking space.

I'm envious of all you guys getting one.

Ok so here are the details, if my geometry is correct :help:………..I have 4 Hunsakers left. The first 4 people below to ask on this thread if I have any extra (that haven’t already gotten with me privately) are……..in order………

1. Stlsportster
2. Bubbamac00
3. wbratt1
4. SimcoBBQ

5. KennesawBBQ (on deck)

(Pat your offer of $300 and fishing lessons put you at the top of the "DO NOT CONTACT" page, you were already there anyways, but this did not help your "good standing" :wink:)

I feel it fair to give the first shot to those that asked first in the thread. I don't believe I missed anyone.......I've been wrong before......:shocked: (I did seriously go through each post 4 times so this should be right :pray:)

General Info
1. $600 for the Hunsaker
2. I’ll send pm’s to confirm if they are 100% wanted
3. As mentioned before the smoker could have been used during the show they filmed. I won’t know until I see them
4. I’ll pick them up Mon Sept 30 but am trying for that Sat or Sun prior 28th or 29th
5. If you do want the smoker we’ll need to figure out pick up date in a “reasonable amount of time”. I'd like to do it within 2 weeks of me picking them up so I don't have to play smoker babysitter here :becky:
6. No worries if someone doesn’t want it, i’ll just go to the next interested
7. I live in Lawrenceville and could possibly try and meet somewhere, but with a busy job and 2 kids under 2 my time is limited............but not that limited as I clearly have time to goof off with the likes of you folks to try and score deals :p

I’m sure I missed some details, but that keeps everyone from being in suspense. If these 4 Hunsakers go to Brethren I think that means 10 will have gone to you all, which is cool.

Beer o'clock now
S5XZIo5l.jpg

Wife got back this morning from camp. She says the pit barrel should be good enough, unless I want to get rid of one of the Weber’s.

mN3FXuK

Sooooooooo????? This answer helps me not even a little bit..........others waiting......tick tock.........:p

I’m out. Really appreciate the opportunity and it kills me to pass it up. I’ve got a 15 yr old family friend that followed me around the last bbq asking a million questions and I’d love to pass on the PBC to him and replace it with the Hunsaker....but I can’t do the $600 right now and I’ve got no plans to get to my sisters...so I’m afraid it would just sit there for a while.

Next up!

Holy crap, I love this place. Ya'll are just like me!!!

My condolences. :heh:

Ok so here are the details, if my geometry is correct :help:………..I have 4 Hunsakers left. The first 4 people below to ask on this thread if I have any extra (that haven’t already gotten with me privately) are……..in order………

1. Stlsportster
2. Bubbamac00
3. wbratt1
4. SimcoBBQ

5. KennesawBBQ (on deck)

(Pat your offer of $300 and fishing lessons put you at the top of the "DO NOT CONTACT" page, you were already there anyways, but this did not help your "good standing" :wink:)

I feel it fair to give the first shot to those that asked first in the thread. I don't believe I missed anyone.......I've been wrong before......:shocked: (I did seriously go through each post 4 times so this should be right :pray:)

General Info
1. $600 for the Hunsaker
2. I’ll send pm’s to confirm if they are 100% wanted
3. As mentioned before the smoker could have been used during the show they filmed. I won’t know until I see them
4. I’ll pick them up Mon Sept 30 but am trying for that Sat or Sun prior 28th or 29th
5. If you do want the smoker we’ll need to figure out pick up date in a “reasonable amount of time”. I'd like to do it within 2 weeks of me picking them up so I don't have to play smoker babysitter here :becky:
6. No worries if someone doesn’t want it, i’ll just go to the next interested
7. I live in Lawrenceville and could possibly try and meet somewhere, but with a busy job and 2 kids under 2 my time is limited............but not that limited as I clearly have time to goof off with the likes of you folks to try and score deals :p

I’m sure I missed some details, but that keeps everyone from being in suspense. If these 4 Hunsakers go to Brethren I think that means 10 will have gone to you all, which is cool.

Beer o'clock now
S5XZIo5l.jpg

Like there was a chance I was in any kind of standing...especially after a few of those Edges!:wacko:

That’s a good deal on the Hunsakers for sure. I hope you don’t get stuck with them. I have done things like this in the past and everyone was all in until time to turn loose of the money. Then there was a million reasons why they couldn’t. Not trying to be negative, I just hope it works out for you.

That’s a good deal on the Hunsakers for sure. I hope you don’t get stuck with them. I have done things like this in the past and everyone was all in until time to turn loose of the money. Then there was a million reasons why they couldn’t. Not trying to be negative, I just hope it works out for you.

I was worried last week which is why i almost didn't bid. It's the opposite problem now. Trust me I totally had the same thoughts. Let's be honest. Most of us idiots just want to know how cheap someone bought a smoker at. Most don't want to buy, they just want to know how cheap you got em :wink:.........i'm in that boat too sometimes :grin:

So far the Queue has shifted with 2 dropping out. I've send new PM's out. The queue grows larger :becky:.

If you get stuck with one and are coming down to Riverview again, I'll take it. But just not worth the gas for me to drive up and back. Whatever I save on the grill my gas guzzling Tundra would eat up!

Folks. For those I’ve shot PMs to I’ll need to hear back in 48hrs. This has gotten a little crazy (which is a good thing), lol. :-D

Thanks for all the inquiries guys. Trying to take it one at a time.

I don't need it but, after all is said and done, if there is one left over,
I'll take it off your hands.
Just think of me as a safety net. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I don’t need it but I damn sure want it , so i’m in!
With that being said I’m going to have a a few PBC’s and Weber kettles up for sale

What size pan does everyone use under their Hunsaker to catch anything dripping? Do your wheels sit on the pan or does the pan sit in between the wheels?

What size pan does everyone use under their Hunsaker to catch anything dripping? Do your wheels sit on the pan or does the pan sit in between the wheels?

I see a bunch of pictures of people with a giant sheet pan that fits under the whole smoker, but I don't really think that is necessary. I use a small cookie sheet covered in foil and put that under the intake. I think I had a drip or two of grease come from the front caster on my first cook or two, but I haven't had anymore since.

I just use a regular sized dinner plate. There's rarely any dripping anyway as I usually use a drip pan in the Hunsaker itself when smoking something big like brisket or pork butt. Dinner plate just goes into the dish washer once done. Couldn't be easier.

Back