Aldi USDA Choice Bone-In Ribeye Roast $6.99 Per Lb. ?

Thanks. Actually I realized that as I was posting the picture, wondered if anyone would point it out :clap:, and went back to trim what was still there. Don't know if I got everything; this is my first rodeo. We'll see.

I might try just grilling the spinalis as-is someday, but for serving at an Easter buffet I'd rather offer some small slices. We have enough vaccinated family that we can actually invite a few people over.

You're missing the point completely. I am not "bothered" but I am paying attention. I'm pretty sure that their system hurts them on the revenue line by cutting average ticket size a little bit. I do pro bono mentoring for small businesses and my antenna are always up for good and bad marketing ideas. Bad ones make good lessons and good ones merit copying.

The cart thing is actually a part of their branding/ marketing. As is the no butcher and boxes instead of bags. The stripped down experience yields savings to the customer. They aren't losing money customers know the deal and it's the appeal

A good portion of us don't have cash/change with us. I've learned to keep a quarter in the glovebox for Aldi. That way I'll never have to worry about coming up with a quarter. Aldi will also give you a quarter from their till to get a cart if you don't have a quarter. They just ask to give them the quarter back when returning the cart. (I had no idea they did this but I overheard the employee mention it to a customer.)

When the employees stock shelves they throw the cardboard boxes in a bin or two located around the store. I'll grab a cardboard box if I find myself needing more than a few things. I'll also grab boxes when I have a cart as it makes easy work transitioning from cart to truck and into house.

Back