THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love the non painted look but unless they have some up with a high temp sealer or clear it needs to be painted. It wouldnt last a day in my garage in Michigan due to humidity.

Love the non painted look but unless they have some up with a high temp sealer or clear it needs to be painted. It wouldnt last a day in my garage in Michigan due to humidity.

You can remedy that by cooking on it every day, lol.

I'm all in favor of a "wait and see" before yelling "bogus", "sellout", "wtf was he thinking?"

But for the rest of you - feel free to play through.

Makes for pretty interesting reading. I won't be in the market if it's cool or not. For you guys on the fence anxious for your "next purchase"? Fun, ain't it?

Could use some flanging on the door which I suspect will be on the finished models. Other than that it looks like its built like a tank. I like it. Looks like a solid smoker without a bunch of nonsense.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

We've got everything from "how do you season the inside of the fire box" to "that thing wouldn't last a month here" to "this things so heavy! will it break my patio?" To "OH MY GOD THERES RUST!" to "needs a flange on the door" (the flange is inside the fire box, a note of workmanship in itself) ...

God bless 'murica!

In the end, we all cook to our own likes and dislikes and as long as YOUR happy with it, who freakin CARES?

Smoke on...

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

We've got everything from "how do you season the inside of the fire chamber" to "that thing wouldn't last a month here" to "this things so heavy! will it break my patio?" To "OH MY GOD THERES RUST!" to "needs a flange on the door" (the flange is inside the fire box, a note of workmanship in itself) ...

God bless 'murica!
It's all good unless you don't like it. :heh:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

This smoker looks really familiar! There is no way that is done. I talked at length to Aaron about these smokers and he said it has taken a year to get them all developed and to acquire the equipment to produce them. Man I got pretty close with "Franklinstein" but I bet his works better. The round fire box works awesome...you just need to make it big enough to accept what ever you throw at it and put a flat plate on the top of it! Can't wait to see the final product!!!

So, what? You are basing this on the actual finished released product or a couple of pics on the interwebz?

Nope, I'm judging the pictures of the smoker that a PR savy businessman managed to get a major magazine article about. I applaud his success, I'm not a hater and he isn't a martyred saint. I've been known to form opinions about the cars featured in Car & Driver magazine too. Even the non-production prototype show cars...

If it's unfinished how am I to know? The article doesn't state that it's a prototype. Says it's one of the first to roll out...

Nope, I'm judging the pictures of the smoker that a PR savy businessman managed to get a major magazine article about. I applaud his success, I'm not a hater and he isn't a martyred saint. I've been known to form opinions about the cars featured in Car & Driver magazine too. Even the non-production prototype show cars...

If it's unfinished how am I to know? The article doesn't state that it's a prototype. Says it's one of the first to roll out...

Articles aren't written up like they used to be. Take it with a grain of salt. Car and Driver sucks. It's all subjective.

I respect the guy, where he came from and I like the smoker. Even though I'm not a fan of round FB's either. :becky: Love and support what he's doing.

I want one!!

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

We've got everything from "how do you season the inside of the fire box" to "that thing wouldn't last a month here" to "this things so heavy! will it break my patio?" To "OH MY GOD THERES RUST!" to "needs a flange on the door" (the flange is inside the fire box, a note of workmanship in itself) ...

God bless 'murica!

In the end, we all cook to our own likes and dislikes and as long as YOUR happy with it, who freakin CARES?

Smoke on...

Just to clear it up I was only saying the cooker wouldnt last a month here without forming rust. I am a fan of franklin and was not attempting to hate on anyone or their success. It was just a paint discussion.

Just realized a round firebox makes it harder to clean out the ashes.. is that right?
Not if they include a rounded clean out tool. I have an ash vac to make sure I get it out of all the corners of my square fireboxes. I prefer the look of the square fb.

Just realized a round firebox makes it harder to clean out the ashes.. is that right?

I use one of these and it seems to work ok.

bully-tools-handled-167768-lrg.jpg

I think I just like the idea of scraping out the ashes directly into a bucket, which you can do if there isn't a metal lip of some kind preventing that.

I think I just like the idea of scraping out the ashes directly into a bucket, which you can do if there isn't a metal lip of some kind preventing that.
I didn't even think about the lip. That's why I make ash pans for my cabinets. It's a pain.

Lyfe Tyme, Lone Star Grillz, Gator pits and many others make radiused ash rakes for $25-50. I use one from Lyfe Tyme that came with the pit, then I follow up w/ a small handbroom to get the finer ashes out.

Edit, just realized that wouldn't work on this pit...:doh:

Back