THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally world was no problem - I hate Wally world but it was no problem. The local grocery rejected me. They said I had to buy pork and could only get off up to $6 from the pork. I noted that I prefer to shop there rather than Wally world but I guess... then they said too bad. Oh well, service is gone ... bummer.

When I started this thread I had no idea it would get almost 6,000 hits. Glad I could help the brethren out. I don't have a stock pile like Skidder but I buy a bag or two every time I go to wal-mart.

Well there sure are a ton of us that thankyou. I usually run lump but at 42 cents a bag I'll suffer. I'm heading down in the a.m. for more before they raise the price.Thanks again.

Looks like my Wally World got smart and raised the price from $5.00 a bag to $7.50 a 30% increase. Nice Walmart. Guess my 54 bags will have to do for now.

Just came back from Target - $7.54 per 18 lbs bag.
I had no other "required" items on the coupon. Cashier took the $6.00 off no question.

(But the wife have a bunch of other coupons, so probably got lost on the shuffle)

Last time I went to WallyWorld on a charcoal run,I picked up 3 blue bags,2 green bags and a 4 pack of cheese rolls from the bakery and NO pork.

Walked out for just a little under 15 bucks and the cashier even helped me scan the coupons :grin:

BTW,I noticed no discernible hickory taste from the green bag.

I have been going through the self check lane at WallyMart everytime I am in town with a bag or two. No need to buy anything else. $1.91 a bag after tax.

Thanks for the link!

I dont know. I use the self check lane so no coupon police to bother me.
The first time I tried it I did have a bottle of Vlasic relish in hand just in case. It went through with out having to scan the relish. I am up to 10 bags in the garage now.

home depot is selling twin 18lb bags of kingsford blue for $9.98 for this weekend. 4 limit will be makeing several trips:grin:

Thanks for the heads up.

I was just wondering if the charcoal deal included Independence Day weekend too. I know they do it Memorial Day & Labor Day, but was unsure about any other holidays.

Wish I'd known earlier. I used one at WMart and another at Frys this morning.
Hmmmm. What do I need from Home Depot?

home depot is selling twin 18lb bags of kingsford blue for $9.98 for this weekend. 4 limit will be makeing several trips:grin:

They're twin 21 lb bags if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I picked up 10 twin paks the last time they were on sale @ 8.97 several weeks ago.

Yesterday I walked out paying only $4.36 with the $6 off coupon for the twin pak with no additional purchase. I think I just lucked out on this transaction as their register kept rejecting the coupon code, even when manually entered. The guy just took $6 off just to get me outa there I think... :D
He even gave me back the coupon......which probably meant the coupon was worthless to them. Maybe I should go back to the same guy...:D

Wish I'd known earlier. I used one at WMart and another at Frys this morning.
Hmmmm. What do I need from Home Depot?

The Home Depot deal is separate from the coupon deal.

Home Depot (Lowe's might do something similar) does the 2 pack charcoal deal on holiday weekends during the summer (Memorial, 4th, Labor Day).

The coupon folks are speaking of is a manufacturers deal. $6 off Kingsford when you purchase another participating item (Glad, Vlassic, Hidden Valley, etc.).
http://www.gatherroundthegrill.com/coupon.php?store

Looks like some folks are taking that $6 coupon to Home Depot and getting a super-duper deal on that 2 pack.

Back