THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you can't use the coupon there is the next best thing...I went home depot and they had two 21 lb. bags on sale for 8.59 until monday.....I got a half a pallet at that price.:biggrin:

I am going to try the coupon today. I have a few things I need to pick up at HD, and if it doesn't work there... I will run over to Wal-Mart

For those who can't get past your local check out nazis, Lowes here had K for a little over $8 per bag but it was BOGO. Two for one.

For those who can't get past your local check out nazis, Lowes here had K for a little over $8 per bag but it was BOGO. Two for one.

I went to Lowes.....

The cashier messed up though and thought that since they were BOGO that she only needed to ring up 2

The register thought differently and rang them up half price to make it "full proof". Surely the cashier wouldn't let stock leave without reading the SKU (barcode).

Normally I actually would have said something, but I was thinking about other things and the price sounded about right (I forgot I bought something else).... and I didn't really notice until I was out in the car and off the lot

Commissary had Kingsford on sale for $6.49. Coupon worked great.....$.49 a bag is outstanding. I will use one a week for the rest of the year.....or until they shut this down:wink:

I use it on friday. The wording of the coupon could be read to infer that you need to buy pork so I used the self check out lane. So the coupon should work at HD or lowes.

The coupon shouldn't scan if you didn't buy the correct items, ie., if you scan a coupon for ketchup and didn't buy any the computer won't allow it.

I also printed the coupon to a pdf so I can reprint it if the site goes away.

I used one at Safeway over the week end. The Asst. Manager was the checker and he never gave it a second glance. Scanned it and said, "Wow, that's a great deal."

I think I've found the issue - The link we're all using is just print aqnd go on the coupon... but when I did some checking, I found THIS link: http://www.gatherroundthegrill.com/splash.php#

That coupon makes you select a store first before you can go to the coupon. WalMart isn't on the drop down list. None of the retailers listed are in the Kansas City area as best as I can tell. Somehow, someone has gotten a link that goes around the store selection part and right to printing! LOL!

It doesn't matter, because the coupons are the same - I think it's merely a survey for them. Print it and use it and rejoice in the savings :)
span.jajahWrapper { font-size:1em; color:#B11196; text-decoration:underline; } a.jajahLink { color:#000000; text-decoration:none; } span.jajahInLink:hover { background-color:#B11196; }

It's a great coupon and good for Competition, too - at least here at my little market

So the 12 pound weight wasn't a problem? Or does Kingsford make a larger size of Competition?

I did use it successfully on an 18 pound bag of regular Kingsford at my local supermarket. $2.49 plus tax is a nice deal! Didn't have to buy another product, either. :biggrin:

does anyone know if this works for kingsford competitor, or just plain kingsford?

Tried on Competition today at HD. No go. Coupon states 13.5 or higher and the self check balked at it. Guy monitoring was willing to take it off, but only because he really couldn't read. Looks like it's only good on the Blue stuff.

Yep same coupon but FYI...The Albertsons near me would not take this coupon unless I bought some pork...no amount of talking was going to change their mind. I have used the coupon at Safeway with no issue.

I had the same experience here in Santa Maria.

I had already used a coupon at Walmart and when I did my wife was wigging out cause she thought it meant on Pork as well. Got to the checker said I have this manufacturers coupon for 6 dollars off when i purchase this charcoal and another item, heres the other item. He said do we take this coupon to the casher next to him and the guy told him if it scans we do. He scanned it and it took 6 dollars off automatically.

Went to albertsons to take advantage of the weekend charcoal sale they had already going got to the register and scanned the coupon at the self checkout and it asked for employee intervention. Guy said I had to buy meat and I explained the whole thing, ended up getting a manager and after fifteen minutes walked out with my coal and was told they wouldnt accept the coupon again.

Same exact day right after while we were in Walmart I grabbed another back with some salad dressing and checker scanned the coupon without any word from me or a second thought and it took the 6 bucks off my reciept on its own.

I know where Ill be going with my coupons. I had no reason to shop at Albertsons in the past and I guess I've found one more reason not to.

I had similiar experiences at HD, Lowes, and A&P. I highly recommend Wal Mart for the coupon. I went through with just an 18lb bag for $7.50 and after the coupon it was $1.50. It was fun paying with quarters :lol:

I picked up my 54th bag yesterday and can't pile any higher in garage. Will start new pile. I said I ain't stopping and I'm not at .42 cents a bag. It sounds like a lot of charcoal. But like I told my wife I have four days off a week and I grill or smoke 2 to 3 times a week and use at least 2 bags a week.

Back