THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We are leaving tonight. Trying to get as many hours on the road while the kids are sleeping. We should be pulling into KS on Wednesday morning. We are loaded up with Crown Royal, Jalapeno peanuts Canadian Bacon and a few other treats---Safe travels t everyone. We are looking forward to it.

IT'S FREAKING ROYAL WEEK!!!!! Safe travels to everyone! As the hundreds of Missouri flashing road construction signs say "Drive Smart - Arrive Alive"!!

Sunny
76° Lo 57°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 52°

Oct 1
Sunny
73° Lo 53°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 52°

Sunny
74° Lo 50°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 51°

Sunny
71° Lo 51°
Hist. Avg
73° Lo 51°

This is from accuweather.com. The only difference the local weather stations say is that Sat & Sun will be highs in the 60s with lows in the upper 40s. Bring the blankets!

Sunny
76° Lo 57°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 52°

Oct 1
Sunny
73° Lo 53°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 52°

Sunny
74° Lo 50°
Hist. Avg
74° Lo 51°

Sunny
71° Lo 51°
Hist. Avg
73° Lo 51°

This is from accuweather.com. The only difference the local weather stations say is that Sat & Sun will be highs in the 60s with lows in the upper 40s. Bring the blankets!

Perfect fall/BBQ weather. Lets hope it doesn't change between now and then.

We are leaving in the morning! been a crazy week prepping for the trip. 5 solid days getting trailer ready and im bushed.

now we see if we can get the pictures of welcome signs this time around. Scotts allteady making rules for the 1300 mile road trip. No belting out show tunes and no farting with the windows closed.

Im practicing for both.

:)

We are leaving in the morning! been a crazy week prepping for the trip. 5 solid days getting trailer ready and im bushed.

now we see if we can get the pictures of welcome signs this time around. Scotts allteady making rules for the 1300 mile road trip. No show tunes and no farting with the windows closed.

Im practicing for both.

:)

Note to self: Wife must avoid site 918, and my balding Italian Grandma Phil.:shock:

Edit: Phil, if you change my ringtone to some really obnoxious show tune I could call at irregular intervals without violating the edicts from the Family Truckster driver.

Does anyone know if the fire permits on the tents over 200 sq ft are strictly enforced?

Pretty much. In the past some folks have been able to agree to mail a check. I've heard second hand stories that, that approach didn't fly in recent years. Others may be able to offer more accurate firsthand experience. Life is a lot easier with a 10x20, or multiple smaller canopies.

Does anyone know if the fire permits on the tents over 200 sq ft are strictly enforced?

Yes, the KCFD is in full effect (or is that affect) during the event - and for good cause. With the many different fires, straw and vehicles so close to each other, the FD is doing due diligence.

Two years ago the team next to me had teenagers throwing straw on an open fire pit and getting flames well over 10' high near what I can only estimate was 150 bales. I called security - things could have gotten really ugly really fast.

For what it is worth! Went on price line and bid $50 for a 3 or above hotel in kc near Kemper arena and got a res at the Crown Plaza Downtown (1.6 miles awar) for Thursday night. will get a good nights sleep in a 5 star for a 1 star rate. Don't ask don't get.:-D

Yes, the KCFD is in full effect (or is that affect) during the event - and for good cause. With the many different fires, straw and vehicles so close to each other, the FD is doing due diligence.

Two years ago the team next to me had teenagers throwing straw on an open fire pit and getting flames well over 10' high near what I can only estimate was 150 bales. I called security - things could have gotten really ugly really fast.

Are you sure you aren't talking about the Iowa Regional Brethren Bash Sunday night of last year?? :bow:

For what it is worth! Went on price line and bid $50 for a 3 or above hotel in kc near Kemper arena and got a res at the Crown Plaza Downtown (1.6 miles awar) for Thursday night. will get a good nights sleep in a 5 star for a 1 star rate. Don't ask don't get.:-D

We are getting a couple of really awesome rooms. Full amenities, deluxe accomodations entertainment nightly, International attractions, playsite, plus access to BBQ`s and local shopping. Just down the road from the Royal. We are bringing the owners Crown Royal, Rum and some cigars. I really think we are getting the better end of the deal.

I know some of you are dropping off Wednesday. Any idea how late you can drop off? Also can you stay down there Wed night? Haven't read anyone doing so.

We are getting a couple of really awesome rooms. Full amenities, deluxe accomodations entertainment nightly, International attractions, playsite, plus access to BBQ`s and local shopping. Just down the road from the Royal. We are bringing the owners Crown Royal, Rum and some cigars. I really think we are getting the better end of the deal.

I think she's talking about Kim and Andy's place....lol

Back