Kingsford Memorial Weekend Sale!!!!

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that Home Depot here in NC
has the 20lb Twin Packs on sale for $9.97....

The Bummer is, that it has a limit of Four to a Customer.....

I'll have to make 12 trips in and out of the store, and wear a disguise
each trip...:p

I asked at the Home Depot here in San Antonio yesterday and I was told the sale would start this weekend also. Same price. Last year the limit was 2 so I may have to wear a disguise as well... :heh:

Last year, I grabbed one of those Lumber Trolleys and filled it up, whilst
giving the Associates watching me "The Eye"......Not a word was said...
Twice......

WallyWorld around here still sells the 18lb ones for $7.50 - regular price.

I filled up my car last year. No limit. I got 10 double packs. This year is a limit of 4. What's the point? I'll just keep going back till I get my fill. :cool:

I filled up my car last year. No limit. I got 10 double packs. This year is a limit of 4. What's the point? I'll just keep going back till I get my fill. :cool:

Exactly...What's the point of the limit?

If I had a store and someone wanted to give me their money I'd certainly take it.

Something about.."A bird in hand..."

I'll be stocking up too.

Lowes has " buy one-get one free".Limit 2. Say's it is a 8.88 value.
Not sure on bag size.

charcoal

I'm going to try and go tonight and shoot my limit. I hope they don't run out before I get there.

Jason

I asked at the Home Depot here in San Antonio yesterday and I was told the sale would start this weekend also. Same price. Last year the limit was 2 so I may have to wear a disguise as well... :heh:

Sale starts today at HD here accoding to newspaper insert.

Exactly...What's the point of the limit?

If I had a store and someone wanted to give me their money I'd certainly take it.

Something about.."A bird in hand..."

I'll be stocking up too.

It is called a "loss leader".

Stores sometimes sell items at cost to get more traffic in their store. They are thinking most people will come in and buy other items while they are getting the charcoal deal. If they sold all the charcoal to you they would lose money.

Bought a couple of the advertised pair-packs today; there are PALLETS AND PALLETS of them all over the store. No mention of any sort of limit to your purchase that I saw on their signage, though.

This was from Last Years Memorial Sale...to get Y'all Psyched Up!!!!
KF_Score1.jpg

Hmm if that guy lied to me yesterday god help him........ I'll stop by after work to double check and pay him a visit. :twisted:

I picked up 4 double bags at lunch. I asked and the girl in that department was not sure, but she thought it was a nation wide sale starting today.So go by and check. Lowes has Stubbs for 7.99 for 15# bag.Got 4 of those as well.Lowe's and HD are about 2 miles apart here.

There was no limit on last year's Memorial Day sale at HD. So I really stocked up last year and still have 3 twin paks left.
I will go back again this weekend. I know they downsized the bags by a pound or two each this year.

I made my first stop of the season over the lunch hour while I was picking my truck up from the shop.

I also saw that Menards had Royal Oak on sale for $5 a bag. I may have to swing by there and get a few of those.

Now after being one of the Brethren for a couple of years - the MRS even SHOWED me the HDepot ad with the Kingsford sale. It is no wonder why I love that woman so much..............

Back