THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqgeekess

Babbling Farker
My local Lowe's and Home Depot have Kingsford charcoal 2 x 20lb bags for $14.98.. isn't it usually on sale today for like $9.99 for the two? This is a bummer, I'm out of charcoal bleh.

Don't know.
But do know the prices of everything have gone up.
So next time it's "On Sale" stock up good.

Since you are out, they've got you over a barrel.
Next weekend it will be $4.98 a ton.

Always works that way. :roll:

That seems to be the sale price this year, ugh!
Lowes has RO @ 2x15.7 for $8, it cooks pretty good.
HD has Embers 2x20 for $9.99, it is good.

Several times over the last year I’ve been in Lowe’s & Walmart and found unadvertised specials aka manager specials. If you’re nearby it might be worth walking inside and looking

Hello all, this is my first time posting!

I notice the price jump from $9.98 to fourteen bucks, but upon closer examination noticed that the old bags were 18Lbsx2, whereas the new deal is 20 pound bags, again times 2. So we're getting an additional four pounds over the old sale, not quite as good a deal, but still worth stocking up in my opinion!

My local Lowe's and Home Depot have Kingsford charcoal 2 x 20lb bags for $14.98.. isn't it usually on sale today for like $9.99 for the two? This is a bummer, I'm out of charcoal bleh.

It is bigger bags now. Used to be 15.8 or something for 9.99.

The twin 20 packs have not been around for almost 10 years. It's been the 18.6 lb for $10 when on sale. This year they brought back the 20 lb packs. Memorial Day they were priced at $13. Now, Labor Day, they are $15.

Embers brand stinks to all Hell while it's coming up to temperature. If you've ever followed behind the road crew as they are patching potholes on the then you know how Embers smells. Once it's fully lit and burning I can't perceive any difference but YMMV. Some on this site have reported seeing it at $5 for the twin pack. At that price I might have to eat pothole grilled chicken.

Back