Chili and Eggs Breakfast Skillet on the Redhead

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
With a “Served With Chili” and a “Kettle Cook-Off” Throwdown going on I decided to go for the coveted Two-fer with this dish. I make something known as a Mexican Egg Skillet almost every week. Since I had some leftover Chili from the following link (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289786) I decided to mix up our normal dish with some added into mix. I started a chimney of KB.

Next I brought out all the ingredients and set them on the side shelf of my gasser.

Once the briquettes were going I place a Hatch chile over the coals.

Next I started cooking the potatoes in my newly found 10” Wagner CI skillet on the side burner. (Seasoned with Cumin, fresh ground black pepper and some Hallelujah Jalapeno Salt)

After approximately 10 minutes the potatoes were starting to show some nice brown crust

and the Hatch chile was developing some char.

Now I add in some red & yellow onion and some red bell pepper.

While that is continuing to cook, I skin,

seed and dice the Hatch chile.

Now I move the skillet over to the Redhead.

While it continued cooking I heated up the chili.

Once it was nice and hot, I poured it over the potatoes and veggies

and gave it a stir.

Now I move over the coals to continue cooking.

Once it was all nice and hot, I cracked 4 eggs over the top and continued cooking.

Once the eggs had started to set, I added some Pico de Gallo to the top

and covered it with a lip.

I let this continue to bake for another 3 to 4 minutes. Next, I sprinkled on some hot sauce and added some fresh avocado.

And it’s done.

This was a very hardy and delicious breakfast. (We could only finish about half)

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Okay I am going to make a version of this this coming weekend.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Yours looks absolutely awesome

A well thought out and executed cook. I like doing breakfast bowls myself, but nothing I have ever done compares to that. Very nicely done!

MY GAWD MAN!!!

THAT is a beautiful meal right there!!!

Absolutely fabulous! That would have been a hearty meal without the chili addition which just put it over the top.

Back