Duke City Shenanigans - Jerked Spare Ribs (w/ Pr0N!)

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
All this talk of ribs over the last day or two really sealed the deal on what I wanted to cook today.

I've got Oakridge rubs calling for attention, but I need to cut down what's in the fridge. Thus, some Walkerswood got the call.

UEKbSFVl.jpg

We'll wrap them up and let them relax in the fridge until this afternoon.

dGV9AQzl.jpg

Meanwhile, I found the darnedest looking "avocados" in the produce section...

2JZko6rl.jpg

It's 12 o'clock somewhere... The sun is over the yardarm, and it's getting hot out there. Y'all stay hydrated as you keep the thin blue rolling.

sRp4Bozl.jpg

Never thought of jerk ribs. Will have to give that a go, although I like to marinade stuff for at least a few days in Walkerswood to bring the heat.

:pop2:

Looking forward to seeing what happens here!

I only recently became aware of Walkerswood, but have only used it on chix. I've got some thin cut pork steaks in the fridge...hmmm...

Those ribs are gonna be goooood!

DOOOD! Stay away from the avocado, them ain’t right :mrgreen:

Got Atwood’s?

Sorry Marc. Thought I had started a new thread!

Nooooo I ain’t even drankin’

Let's get this road on the show!

Szdw3iLl.jpg

... I like to marinade stuff for at least a few days in Walkerswood to bring the heat.

Me, too, Andy. But, when I do this at the last minute... it only takes a minute!

Quality Of Life right there

QOL is high - Gotta get the rest of the family over to the 505 soon, though. This geo-batch thing isn't as fun when it's perpetual.

Sorry Marc. Thought I had started a new thread!

I'd started thinking about using pellets in my kettle for a minute, Jeremy.

Nooooo I ain’t even drankin’

Well, why the hell not!? :wink:

Beautiful Marc, does the munchkin like Jerk?

Marty, about a year ago, she was a huge fan of Grace Mild.

That said, I haven't tried any Jerk on her since she's been going through a phase of calling EVERYTHING "spicy." These days, I probably couldn't get it within a 10 foot radius of her.

Marty, about a year ago, she was a huge fan of Grace Mild.

That said, I haven't tried any Jerk on her since she's been going through a phase of calling EVERYTHING "spicy." These days, I probably couldn't get it within a 10 foot radius of her.

Trust me from my experience with SS she'll come back around.

Just like Andy said, these weren't very spicy because I didn't give them a whole bunch of time to marinate. They sure were tasty (and juicy)!

They finally probed tender about.... meow.

LZlMXgsl.jpg

W3ItDg0l.jpg

uxbTEKSl.jpg

Luckily, I've got some leftovers for the next few days. Win!

Thanks for stopping by.

Y'all have a great week!

Back