THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Happy Sunday, Pholks!

Worked my first Saturday overtime yesterday, so my weekend playtime is diminished to just today. Making the most of it with a rack of spares, some rub sent by Marty in FL and some of KC Mike's Dominator Rib Rub.

xucniWrl.jpg

It's a beautiful day here, though the temps are climbing into the high 80s.

tc9rFBKl.jpg

I hadn't noticed that the sun is over the proverbial yardarm... so I'll crack open some suds and raise her in a toast to all of you who aren't able to smoke 'cue this weekend.

More to follow.

I did my ribs yesterday, so I hereby pass the rib torch to you, Marc. No doubt you will do another stellar job on those bones. I'll be back for the finished pics.

Looks like a great plan. Marc tell me a little something about that sweet rib rub. I ordered a sample pack and that's one of the rubs I am getting. What are your suggestions?

Bones are looking good about 2+30 in.

6ncq25Al.jpg

Marc tell me a little something about that sweet rib rub. I ordered a sample pack and that's one of the rubs I am getting. What are your suggestions?

This is also how I got my packet of Dominator... big fan of those VIP Sampler Packs!

When giving it the old "pinky taste test," the sweetness doesn't hit you like Wilford Brimley with a sack of sugar. It's more subtle. The initial lime-citrus intro flows into a nice savory layer, then the different chilies start to warm the tongue.

It's been quite some time since I've had any/cooked with it. The ribs have done well, even with the higher sugar content, and a few trips upwards of 330F in the kettle.

More to follow.

*sigh* - Delicious.

Sliced, then chopped some of the red chile side of the fatty for inclusion in some beans.

LMkvrfsl.jpg

These bones came out really nicely.

94ulFRWl.jpg

JxzI9NKl.jpg

The 4 Rivers All Purpose Rub was wonderfully savory. Simple. Mainly salt and pepper with some garlic and a couple of other things that don't overpower, but bring out the flavor of the pork. Huge fan! Thanks again, Marty!

The Dominator... wow. I'm impressed. Even that little light citrus hit at the start is there... and walks you through the rest of the flavors I mentioned above. The cinnamon flavor isn't really pronounced, but it just gently folds in like a warm blanket. The chile heat is (sadly) lessened, but the flavors are delicious. No wonder this is such a hit on "the circuit."

This was no competition... but I'd put both of these options at "neck and neck" with a photo finish.

Not a bad first smoke back in the Duke City.

Y'all have a great week, and thanks for stopping by for a few.

Excellent cooking, documentation, and reportage - thanks for the review!

All of it looks excellent - very nicely done as always, Marc!

Back