Cottage Cheese Test

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
As a young lad in NE Oklahoma I enjoyed trips to the grocery store. Once upon a Time A life changing event occurred. A lady was handing out Ritz Crackers topped with cottage cheese and sprinkled with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt. I was in heaven. I can’t remember a time after that where Lawry’s has not been in whatever house I lived in.

Back to cottage cheese. I still apply a large variety of my seasonings to cottage cheese.

Fatty & Cottage Cheese——Christmas

I pretty much buy it for myself. Large curd. Normally, the Albertson's brand. Mostly. I eat it out of the tub a little bit at a time just like my buttermilk as no one else will touch either one of them.
Cottage cheese with some Louisianna hot sauce and scooped with Fritos or regular Lay's or Ruffles chips is my favorite.

If I happen to have canned peaches....this is the combo that grosses out my wife and kids! LOL.

With some cucumber slices and Tajin. With canned beet slices. This one really grosses out the kids cause it turns the cheese liquid a pink color.

I will have some with salad.

However, this one is an old combo. My mom would eat it this way as a kid and I love it too. Add some to a bowl of fresh, hot pinto beans or lentils. Might sound weird, but good stuff.

Lastly, we make our guacamole with cottage cheese. A recipe from my aunt. That is the only way wife will eat it. I altered the recipe and add Montreal Steak seasoning. REALLY GOOD!!

I will give the Ritz and Lawry's a try. Sounds like a combo I would like.

Last edited:
Aldi cottage cheese is hands down the best!

Only downside, is I find it to be inconsistent. It's what I buy-and the last tub was super dry.

I'm normally just salt and pepper when I eat it plain. If we have fresh fruit around and cut up, then I just use a touch of salt. I like some of the other ideas in here, I'll have to give it a shot. Nothing quite like adding potato chips to an otherwise healthy food :becky:

Very interesting, I have never seasoned my small curd cottage cheese. Mom used to give to us with canned peaches too. It's good in scrambled eggs. I eat it right out of the container too because I am the only that likes it. Aldi is pretty good but, I like Kroger a little better. Walmart had an organic one that was Awesome! Of course they stopped carrying it.

Eat it a lot!
Much prefer Daisy, or Friendship 4% cause they're both just cream, cultured milk and salt, that's it. No other ingredients

I'm getting hammered pretty hard for the cottage guacamole on another site. Not sports car skinny jean hammered, but there's blood in the water.
Going to be a grand weekend

Last edited:
I'm getting hammered pretty hard for the cottage guacamole on another site. Not sports car skinny jean hammered, but there's blood in the water.

:laugh::laugh:

When I first had it, I looked at my aunt.....like WTH! Her recipe is a full tub to about a full tub or 2 of guac. Now, everyone likes it. My inlaws like it too. I will add some fresh lime juice and a healthy dose of Montreal.

I'm curious to see what their comments are like on that other forum. LMAO.

Bob

When I first had it, I looked at my aunt.....like WTH! Her recipe is a full tub to about a full tub or 2 of guac. Now, everyone likes it. My inlaws like it too. I will add some fresh lime juice and a healthy dose of Montreal.

I'm curious to see what their comments are like on that other forum. LMAO.

Bob

Facebook group “you know you’re from Texas...”

You already know (and I bet are doing) this - act like you enjoy it. The best way, as my Grandpa would have said, to "get their goat."

GO GET 'EM!

As an aside, I recently discovered a fondness for my Agave-Chipotle sauce on wife's yogurt. She loves the sauce on wings, but thinks the yogurt thing is vile.

Back