Any Disappointments with Weber Summit Charcoal Users?

Someone who would have good feed back is Tony and Maribel. Maybe send them a private message and then share the results with the rest of us :-D as i see they aren't on here much. I know he got the summit and then shortly after got a Primo. Seems like all of his cooks are on the Primo these days and i never see the summit anymore. Could also be promoting Primo though that i am not sure of.

Someone who would have good feed back is Tony and Maribel. Maybe send them a private message and then share the results with the rest of us :-D as i see they aren't on here much. I know he got the summit and then shortly after got a Primo. Seems like all of his cooks are on the Primo these days and i never see the summit anymore. Could also be promoting Primo though that i am not sure of.

Interesting......I'd like to hear his thoughts!

And yes, those videos are helpful for sure.

I enjoy mine and is very easy to use. The only complaint is the vent on the top gets loaded up and can get stuck or hard to turn. The vent is easy to clean but the pin that holds it place can be easily dropped and lost since its very small.

My popcorn post was me saying I'd like to hear the information too. Thinking of getting one next month. Only thing holding me back is the price. I need to be convinced it is really worth that much. But, then again, I haven't really found a cheaper option that will do all it appears to do.

My popcorn post was me saying I'd like to hear the information too. Thinking of getting one next month. Only thing holding me back is the price. I need to be convinced it is really worth that much. But, then again, I haven't really found a cheaper option that will do all it appears to do.

I hear ya I'm in the same boat.

I was going to buy one on Friday but now I may just hold off as really I have enough cookers for warm weather season. And may look more into insulated cabinets for my cold weather smoker.

I have my big boy smoker and it's insulated so can handle anything weather can throw at it.

I'm looking to replace my gasser with a charcoal / wood chunk grill that I can do weeknight dinners on and maybe an occasional smoke if it's just for the two of us. I would also like to have a little more real estate, as I sometimes feel a little crowded on the gasser when doing steaks and a couple types of veggies. I'd go with the 26" kettle, but then I lose the table as they don't appear to make a Performer that size.

Anyone build these things into somekind of "nest"? or are they all still on the weber cart?

rb

I have my big boy smoker and it's insulated so can handle anything weather can throw at it.

I'm looking to replace my gasser with a charcoal / wood chunk grill that I can do weeknight dinners on and maybe an occasional smoke if it's just for the two of us. I would also like to have a little more real estate, as I sometimes feel a little crowded on the gasser when doing steaks and a couple types of veggies. I'd go with the 26" kettle, but then I lose the table as they don't appear to make a Performer that size.

Funny you say that because one thing is certain right now, I'm buying a 26" Kettle on friday for the reasons you mentioned. And also it will be somewhat portable so I can bring it to work and smoke up some lunch for employees.

I will never get rid of my gasser. But with the 26 Kettle, and YS640, I'm starting to think my money is better off in something other then the WSCG. I just sold my Egg and I did love it but it was kind of redundant with having a Performer, gasser and Yoder sitting right next to it. Where the Egg did shine (and where the WSCG would also i think) was in cold windy weather which we get way too often in ND unfortunately.

Yeah, we get that cold weather here too often too. (Twice a year is too often for my blood.) :mrgreen:

And you won't Terry if you compare apples to apples. Price an extra large egg decked out the way a Summit is...

Thanks Jeremy.

Back to waiting for the cons...

I sold my L egg with intentions of buying a bigger kamado. That led me to the WSCG. Now I'm questioning if I even want/need another kamado, or go with something different entirely.

If I was in the market 100% for a kamado, I would buy the WSCG in a heartbeat. I think it won me over the BGE and Kamado Joe debate.

BTW, for anyone that does not like the WSCG due to lack of rotisserie, I read somewhere yesterday that they think the Big Joe Joetisserie will fit when it is released next month. That was something I was wanting to branch out into, so it was nice to hear.

Just curious why this would be better quality than the Weber? I'm always looking to expand my knowledge.
I have owned both brands. Just my feeling based upon past experience. That's why I said "probably". YMMV.

I enjoy mine and is very easy to use. The only complaint is the vent on the top gets loaded up and can get stuck or hard to turn. The vent is easy to clean but the pin that holds it place can be easily dropped and lost since its very small.

It's an Honor for us to have you here Sir.

If I were to get a kamado which I may still do the Weber would be my choice. Baby Back Maniac gave a nice review if you haven't seen seen it I'll suggest you take a look on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The only real knock I've heard against them is the cheesiness of the wheels.

Back