Brisket rub???

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Joedy
I am looking at doing my first brisket in the next week or so. I have found my chicken rub. I am decided on the next pork rub I am going to try. However; I am still undecided on a beef rub (primarily for brisket). I have seen the cash cow and the bovine bold (plowboys is my go to for chicken so I figure it must be good too). Is there one of these that y'all would consider better than the other?

I used to make really complex BBQ rubs, and I also used just about everything on the market...Kosmos, Big Poppa Smokers, Hardcore Carnivore, Oakridge....all of those are good rubs and they bring a lot of flavor to a brisket.

This being said salt and freshly ground black pepper tastes better to me and it gives a great bark. I do Morton's Kosher Salt first and then a solid heavy coat of freshly ground black pepper (Malabar pepper if you can find it locally).

Agree salt n pepper are really good on brisket, I like lay it on generously about 60 pepper and 40 salt ratio myself and usually a light dust of granulated garlic.
Basic Beef is really a great option too,not overly salty, just really good.

https://texasselectseasonings.com/products/bbq-rubs/#!/Basic-Beef-4-oz/p/11851531/category=2720024

If you want a little more all around good lay a coat or Juciy Pig on there too.

https://texasselectseasonings.com/p...e-Juicy-Pig™-5-oz/p/11851548/category=2720024

716fadb8e956b8416751a3d5d655d304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Sucklebusters SPG. Garlic is a great addition to salt and pepper. I also like to add just a little bit of cayenne pepper for a hint of spicy.

Meat Church All the Way!

I've used Meat Church's Holy Cow and Holy Gospel and had amazing results on my smoker for brisket.

I coat it once with holy cow front and back. Then I coat it with Holy Gospel once. And then I go back over it again with Holy Cow. Uses about 1/2 a bottle of his rubs but man, they are good.

I've tried some others, and Holy Cow is a blend of Salt, Pepper and Garlic among other things I'm sure, but it's turned the bark into something just amazing!

Back