NorCal BBQ Brethren Camp Parks 2015

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
On December 5, some of us Nor Cal Brethren gathered at Camp Parks to cook and serve the soldiers and their family members at their Christmas Party and Winter Muster party.

The menu was:
Caeser Salad
Spicy Sesame Noodle Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Tri-Tip
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
Pulled Pork
Hot Dogs
Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

brekkie1_zpsa4uyvaqc.jpg

Marty Leach fed us Breakfast Burritos

brekkie2_zps90vne4li.jpg

morningprep_zpss7cp2l3o.jpg

morningprep2_zpszrqifgrw.jpg

sharescooker_zpsfvrwmiqu.jpg

thelegend_zpsn70cqoeh.jpg

thelonetrimmer_zpset2spkcd.jpg

tritipraw_zpsi8pjobx2.jpg

moreprep_zpstvmnkf8t.jpg

sauce_zpsfbv7qc5p.jpg

macncheese_zpsqj1f02wr.jpg

The soldiers kept coming up to thank us, and we kept telling them it was a pleasure to be there cooking for them.

This guy was a part of the color guard that brought in the Huey. They all road Harleys and most were Vets too. What is he doing here, not eating, nope, he is geeking out with Shares (Scott Hares, too ashamed to name BBQ) about the latest BBQ Guru and why he needs one. His wife is off camera to the left. She was rolling her eyes.
jackeyt_zpsghenqvcz.jpg

Bob, great job all around! I know your and the NorCal Brethren's generosity was surely appreciated. :clap2:

But....

No Salmon Pie?

:twisted:

The battalion XO got a tuna, mustard and ketchup pie in the face from a soldier who bid $300 for the privilege

Very cool! All y'all did an amazing job.

People can say nice things, post platitudes, etc. about supporting the troops - and that's all well and good - but when it gets down to the real deal you guys are actually doing something and showing appreciation for what they do into something tangible and real.

Kudos to y'all. Making it up there for one of these is definitely on my bucket list. Looks like lotsa hard work, but with you farkers I'm guessing it's also fun. Truth be told, I'd mosey up there just for one of Marty Leach's breakfast burritos.

First class all the way y'all - nice work indeed!

I'm not gonna say it isn't a ton of work, but we have fun too. Perhaps most of the fun came from AlexF, who is most likely Rookie of the Year for CBBQA BBQ comps. Alex asked to get to cook this year. So I asked him to be 100% in charge of veggies. As it became increasingly obvious that Alex was foundering, Marty Leach and Shares (Scott Hares) became fatherly helpers, by mercilessly and hilariously riding Alex to greater cooking levels.

Marty did a great job on the veggies

Very nice Bob and crew! Whose are the DO riggings, very nice set up?

Very nice Bob and crew! Whose are the DO riggings, very nice set up?
Dutch Oven stuff is from Chuckwagon BBQ here on the Brethren. Leonard caters and used to do chuckwagon cooking competitions.

So awesome of you all!! One of these years, I'll find the time to come down and help out. Keep up the great cause!

I'm not gonna say it isn't a ton of work, but we have fun too. Perhaps most of the fun came from AlexF, who is most likely Rookie of the Year for CBBQA BBQ comps. Alex asked to get to cook this year. So I asked him to be 100% in charge of veggies. As it became increasingly obvious that Alex was foundering, Marty Leach and Shares (Scott Hares) became fatherly helpers, by mercilessly and hilariously riding Alex to greater cooking levels.

Marty did a great job on the veggies

hahaha that's so cold! :clap2:

It was an honor and a pleasure to cook for the troops again this year. Dave and Denny Bart of Barts Blazing Que did the catering heavy lifting. Marty and Yelonutz teamed up to serve us breakfast worthy of pre-dawn rise and shine. Everyone stepped up and made it smooth. It's a pleasure working with the Brethren any event. (P.S. Bob - it's a Stoker)

Back