Hey Nor Cal Brethren!

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
I know it's only September, but, I also know that many of you have very busy schedules. So, I am just putting it out there that the Annual 368th Military Intelligence Christmas BBQ is on again for this year. It will be on December 12, 2015 at Camp Parks in Dublin, CA. We would love to see both old and new faces coming out to help us in preparing and serving a Christmas lunch of pulled pork, tri-tip, mac-n-cheese, hot dogs, ranch beans and Dutch oven cobbler to 350 members and family of the battalion.

It's a full morning and very rewarding. Plus, Leonard (ChuckwagonBBQ) brings out his Dutch oven rig, which is a show unto itself. Dave Bart (BBQ_PD) of Bart's Blazin' Q does all of the catering work and Marty and I supervise.

From chairs.

We welcome you all, and any donations to boot so I don't have to pay for this all. :becky:

Fribben frabben military!

Our Troop Christmas feed has been changed, we are now doing this on December 5th, the first Saturday in December. Would love to hear from some Brethren that want to join in.

I'll just add this pitch:

If you've ever wondered about what a true Santa Maria cook (era 1965) looks like, Leonard Sanders (chuckwagon BBQ) and his son roll down with their Santa Maria rig. Leonard learned to cook in the Central California area, and cooks thousands of pounds of tri-tip every year. He is very old school in terms of how he cooks. And dresses, but, nobody is judging.

Leonard also prepares peach cobbler in Dutch Ovens, if you want to learn about that, this is a great chance.

And if you wonder if you could ever get into catering, Dave Bart (BBQ_PD) is an active caterer, who handles the cooking and serving, this is a great chance to watch Dave and Deny in action.

Doing one of these with y'all is very high on my bucket list, but I'll be out of town - and missing a charity cook down here - and King of The Smoker - on that same day. :tsk:

I saw pix of the DO rig - truly a thang of beauty. It'd be worth the drive just to see that in person.

Doing one of these with y'all is very high on my bucket list, but I'll be out of town - and missing a charity cook down here - and King of The Smoker - on that same day. :tsk:

I saw pix of the DO rig - truly a thang of beauty. It'd be worth the drive just to see that in person.
I will just assume, with you missing all of that, that whatever calls you out of town is important. I'll never qualify, but, KOS is a comp that I would love to be a part of

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back