386th Mil Intel event request

This is a fantastic event! Kudos to Mary and Robert.

I've been privileged to see the photos from past years and they do an amazing job.

Eric
Not just Marty and I, Bart's Blazin' Q runs the show, and contributes to every aspect of the feed. Brethren shares and chuckwagonBBQ haul in their cookers from rather far away, and cook the entire time. So many other Brethren, last year, Groundhog66 kicked in many hours of work before the event, Sirporkalot shows every year and AlexF was our newbie last year. Huminie and Mrs. Huminie showed, even though she was under the weather, they too, make it happen. I know I am forgetting names. :doh:

Marty, I'll reply here as the GoFundMe email doesn't allow me. You are welcome, but thank y'all for what you do. I really wish I could help a group like this locally. It was part of my reason for buying my big smoker so I could assist in things like this. My company even has groups that assist various groups and I joined one for Vets so I could help, but have yet to find a smoke event I could help with. One day, all though my pit is not as mobile as y'all's...

Thank y'all...

So Bob, do we have a line on a volunteer Santa to support this event? Walt whatever his name that called me another old fart or something like that......

You're cooking the vegetables this year, I will have a 36" Blackstone there for the job

I will bring mine as well to cook breakfast for the volunteers. Sausage, Bacon, eggs, grilled onions, peppers, cheese, salsa, tortillas. If I get ambitious, I may make Al Pastor pork beforehand, which is a bit of work. Finish it on the flattop.

We are at $895 after just 4 days of fundraising, a little over 1/3 of the way there. Thank you to all of the Brethren who have supported us this far. We appreciate that there are so many causes and events pulling at your support, and we appreciate the support as well.

I didn't end up serving in the military, and many find my participation in events such as this to be surprising, given my status of Liberal Californian in good standing, however, I truly appreciate what our servicemen and their families sacrifice to make my life what it is, and this is my tiny way of supporting and thanking them. I appreciate the support, and some of you have been with us all along, for making this possible.

Back