Why brisket is overrated

IMO, for all the time trouble and cost, I much prefer a good chuck roast. It's easy to cook for pulling, slicing or whatever your preference is. A lot of folks like brisket and that's their business. Life's too short foe me to argue about cooking. If I want to argue, we can talk about tinker toys vs. real stick burning.

We all have slightly different likes and dislikes but I'm on the "Likes Brisket" team. Brisket is always well worth the effort when it's ready to slice and serve and I enjoy the process too.

You just suck at cooking brisket. Weren't you the one that got your panties wet over some brisket "active hold?"

Wait! Wife let you out to troll again? You were on time out for a while. GTFO bruh!

Thanks Sako for saying exactly what I was thinking. This dude just comes to Q talk to troll.

All he does is incite arguments about stupid ****. Go find another forum

Thanks Sako for saying exactly what I was thinking. This dude just comes to Q talk to troll.

It just getting too old Tony. I seldom take the bait but I had enough. :grin:

:pound:
44859e388b41e0bc7fe9c20de59b4db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Personally, of all the things you can Smoke or BBQ (Or whatever region you're from calls it) Brisket is the king of beef.

Someone on these forums once said (many times) "Even bad BBQ can make awesome chili" and I'm a true believer in that. Things someone personally thinks they messed up, give them 24 hours and suddenly they have some of the most delicious looking soups, stews, chilis or hashes I've ever seen.
I love brisket, it's corned beef, it's pastrami, it's burnt ends... it's everything I love about cooking, so versatile and so tasty, the sky is the limit.

The true history of BBQ is about taking the scraps or throwaway portions of the animal that the wealthy didn't want, and turning it into food for your family. We've turned what was trash into a highly sought after cut of meat with culinary know how and creative cooking, same thing happened to Lobster..

I've got a 12.4lb brisket going in the smoker Monday, can not wait to fire it up and taste the results...

For me, the "king of beef' is a 123A beef plate rib. Very hard to find and expensive. No sauce is needed, believe me.

Sounds like you haven't figured out how to cook brisket correctly yet, or perhaps you might not have decent briskets in your area. Do what I do when I get one with a very thin flat. Grind it up for burgers and cook up the point. Brisket burgers are awesome.

For me, I've recently begun to prefer short ribs over brisket. Mostly the chuck short ribs are all that's available in the area, but I did hear of a couple places in the area that sell the plate ribs. Need to try those one of these days.

:pound:
44859e388b41e0bc7fe9c20de59b4db8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ha!! Ya exactly this :clap2:. Damn that was a while ago, but still true since I can't cook a brisket to save my ass 7 years later :becky:. Once I understood what amazing brisket tasted like and that I just didn't love brisket it all made sense to me.

Once I did figure it out I'm still of the same opinion that the flat is just ok/good and the point is awesome. But it is one of my favorite meats to cook.

Some people don't like McRibs :crazy::crazy:

Maybe you missed this...

Mod Note:

Gang, we’ve been through this before! Anyone is free to post their opinion! IT IS NOT OK to attack them for doing so! Accusations of trolling and telling someone to GTFO will not be tolerated! If you can’t comment without resorting to personal attacks, walk away and find another thread! If a particular member’s posts tick you off, use the ignore feature! We are getting tired of dealing with these pissing matches!

I agree for the most part. There's never a time I'd take brisket over beef ribs. It is a pain in the ass compared to almost any other cut. Still cook it, but I never really want it.

I just love to eat good food. I love all thing BBQ. Some meats are harder to cook than others but all worth the effort in the end when you take that bite and all you can say is daaam.

So when does one cross the line between opinion and trolling? Fine example is N&P.

He posted his opinion on brisket, which has led to four pages of discussion about it, which is mostly civil with the exception of you and a couple of others. But he's the problem? That's pretty funny.

My wife would NEVER forgive me if I stopped making brisket.

Although, the current trend of ultra thin ends to flats has made me get into the business of cutting the thin flat back and combine it with the rest of my trimmings to make DANG good fresh ground hamburger.

So, I get hamburgers the night before and brisket the following afternoon. Yep, I'm not giving up briskie for nothing.

I will say that maximizing what you get out of brisket is key to staying content. Keeping it whole just before serving and making use of a vacuum sealer are important due to how incredibly fast amazing brisket dries out to be ugly brisket.

"Why brisket is overrated" as well as "Getting away from thin blue" are two classic examples of trolling. Throw out a comment that you know the vast majority will object too. And then defend yourself by accusing other people of being irrational or defensive.

Back