THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CHARCOAL?

• KINGSFORD

Votes: 48 31.8%
  • ROYAL OAK

Votes: 31 20.5%
  • LUMP

Votes: 49 32.5%
  • OFF BRAND/OTHER

Votes: 23 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kingsford the week after Labor Day when it's 75% off.

I've been using Grove Lump coal. It's not to shabby. I was thinking about trying RO though. Only cause it's a little cheaper and easier to find.

Wicked Good, but I have two bags of Humphrey's to try in a couple of weeks. So I may change my mind. Got it from a fine Brethren brother, Steve at the BBQ Store in Hampstead, MD.

Depends on the vessel, and what I am cooking. If I go briquettes in the kettle, it is K. And if it is the BGE, I use RO for short cooks, and Wicked Good for longer cooks.

I voted Kingsford, but, I prefer lump. I use more Kingsford of late just due to cost and availability local to me.

Ozark Oak Lump for me. I'm lucky enough to live about 2 hours drive from the plant. It costs me $4.97 for a 10 lb bag at the local stores, and it is really good stuff.

Back