Ribeye Roast in the Shirley

That looks absolutely beautiful!!! I love that char. I do wonder about that Jealous Devil charcoal. I've not heard of it, but to go to Kingsford to tone down the taste is shocking to hear. I'm forbidden from using Kingsford because of the strong chemical taste. I can't imagine what Jealous Devil is like.

Well I wouldn't throw it off the plate lol, I have found a properly seasoned steak cooked to the temp you want and no burnt meat or spices can be the best ever. there is more to life than char imo. try it on a smaller scale sometime. you can tell how good the meat your paying for is,

I have already done that just to see how it would come out. And you are correct, it was very good. I do like a little char but too much happens quickly!

That looks absolutely beautiful!!! I love that char. I do wonder about that Jealous Devil charcoal. I've not heard of it, but to go to Kingsford to tone down the taste is shocking to hear. I'm forbidden from using Kingsford because of the strong chemical taste. I can't imagine what Jealous Devil is like.

Yikes, I did not know that. I have not had any for over thirty years. I just remembered that it was good for hamburgers, at least it was back then. I may have to try something else. Any suggestions?

Back